how can i get more power

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

krash33

have a 90 integre with B18a1an it has a aem cold air intake 2.5" exaust msd ignition and i am looking to get more power without turbo any ideas

supercharge
nitrous
vtec head swap
full swap
bump compression / cams/ pistons

there's 1000000s of things you can do besides turbo

???

if i do a vtech head wont i blow the bottom end? i was thinking of having a bigger head put on but dont know what kind will work best with stock bottom end

Lmao, that was actually pretty funny.

The quickest way to more power would be a VTEC head. Might also consider a tranny swap. Get rid of those long ass LS gears. This is assuming you have an LS tranny.

Start your own thread and youll have a better shot at gettin your question answered.

any sugestions on a good head that i willnot have to do stuff like a wire harness or anything too major

you want a VTEC conversion but dont want to do any wiring???

simply put.... :no:

go buy a GSR... or one of the millions of pre-swapped cars that are for sale out there
if wiring up VTEC is more than you are willing to take on, then you really shouldnt be thinking about swapping anything

im not trying to be a dick... im trying to save you from wasting a lot of money when youll just end up blowing it up anyway

I agree with EsolSI, GSR is the best head to swap to an LS block with the least hassle,the most gain for the dollar,wiring is sometimes scary to newbs but with sites like this one and some patience,you can do it. Try a simple tranny swap first,the LS tranny is great for a turbo car or a fully built torque monster.Let us know what you decide an can afford,which is the key you need first.Good luck.

To to the has head will I have to do a block girdle and a new ecu to run the new head the biggest fear is blowing the bottom end because I'm going to do a full on port n polish on the head and port match the intake and excuse ports

You dont NEED a girdle. Its not gunna be the one and only reason the motor pops, but its never a bad idea.

Wont need a new ECU all togather, but your gunna need a tune for sure.

You can port and polish all you want, but the fact is, outa the box the VTEC heads already make good power as far as you wanna take the LS bottom end. Id save the money from P'n'P and put it towards things that are gunna ensure the LS bottom will hold togather. Like ARP fastners, fresh bearings, etc.

Like they said already though, if wiring VTEC is somethin you dont wanna do, then waste your time and money tryin to piece togather an LS/V setup.

So basically arp fasteners new bearings...what else would be needed?? Any help will be greatly appriciated

Your persistant...

A P72 oil pump isnt a bad idea. Dunno what your timing belt is like. Might consider a new one.

what gsr head will i need to fit? do i have to use a 90 or can i use newer

I didnt see the post above about the GSR bein the easiest to swap. Ive never heard anyone claim that before.

Just look for a B16, GSR, or even a Type R head. Any B-Series VTEC head will work. Theyll all require work to swap in. Just look around and get the best deal you can.

The GSR head swap is easier than the B16 for the simple reason you dont need the dowel sleeve adapters to properly center the head,lots of times I'll get a customer that attempted the LS/V swap themselves and not have compression,massive oil leak and numerous other issues cause of not using an LS/V swap kit that costs 200$,the GSR head swap doesnt have the need for that costly kit. However it does need oil supply to the head,thats it.

what gsr head will i need to fit? do i have to use a 90 or can i use newer
You'll have a hard time finding a 1990 GSR head. Any year will work.

What I recommend you get:
-VTEC head- GSR or B16A; the others are crazy expensive.
-LS/VTEC kit- You can use a homemade set-up or buy one.
-Water pump and timing belt for the head you choose.
-VTEC oil pump.
-ARP head bolts.
-ARP rod bolts.

I would say that is the bare minimum for a healthy engine. If your motor is higher mileage then you might just want to rebuild the whole thing.

Back