how can i get more power

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

All the stuff you need to feed oil to the head.

ya but have no clue about them nor the funds for one.. that would decking the head work to try to get like 13:1 compression..

iknow port n polish will help and pistons with shorter skirts and cams and things of that nature and the port n polish will be done by me. i have worked in a race shop only on chevy v8 for imca modifieds but i an tottaly new to the import scean. so do most of the things for chevy motors apply to the hondas?

any help will be greatly appreciated

what will have to be done to make 260 to 300?

If you want that much power in a streetable car you will need forced induction or n2o. It is possible to build a n/a b series motor to that power level but it would have such a high rpm power band that it would be worthless on the street.

this is a great article on how to get upper 200's from a n/a b series motor.
The Old One - Energy Dynamics

Unless you port heads for a living, DO NOT attempt your own port job. Gasket matching is one thing (just about worthless), and porting is another. Its very easy to trash a good head, and theres no turning back.

Only the most basic concept carries over to Hondas from domestics. Make an engine breathe easier and it will make more power.

If you wanna see 250 plus, and be easily streetable, your gunna need a power adder. If you want 250 plus all the time, you better start readin about F/I.

what can i do?

my car was out of time and i adjusted the timing TDC before intake to set it back to hoe it was suppsed to be but now it is acting like its rinning on 3 cyl..

Check injectors, fuel pressure, check distributor placement, check spark plugs and wires. Did you drive it this way?

I agree with EsolSI, GSR is the best head to swap to an LS block with the least hassle,the most gain for the dollar,wiring is sometimes scary to newbs but with sites like this one and some patience,you can do it. Try a simple tranny swap first,the LS tranny is great for a turbo car or a fully built torque monster.Let us know what you decide an can afford,which is the key you need first.Good luck.

IMO the B16 head is the easiest to swap. The GSR intake mani has to be wired in simple but 1 more thin to do and the TB is placed lower so a different intake is needed. Both the B16 and GSR head will gain you about 30whp if all is still stock. I high recommend a Vtec head. I just did mine and wow big difference. Gain 31 whp and makes power to 7200RPMs and redlines at 8000RPMs. With the S80 Ls trans it is perfect reving to 7500 up shifts stay in Vtec and in the power for a little longer. The GSR trans is the best IMO.

Back