how can i make my b16 sir motor pass the smog

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lilbad

i was woundering wat do i have to change on it in order for it to pass a smog check from a state refery since the court wants to see it i know there is a way to pass it but wat do i have to change someone told me i have to chance the fuel regulater but i dont know if dats true or if dats it

puncuation and proper grammar will get you far..

just a few questions first

what obd is the motor?? what year and model are the car?? what mods have been done to the motor??

ya i do have a cat and its a obd1 its off of a 95 del sol sir and its on my 94 civic 4 door well it has dc headers intake stage 2 clutch and its been chiped to get a high rev.

well, in order for you to BAR ref it .. you'll need the USDM p30 ecu (the rectangle), USDM p30 intake manifold.. you need to have all the smog equipment hooked up .. since you have aftermarket parts.. the carb #s and part #s have to match those of the del sol vtec.. the chipped ecu wont work..

well, change the stuff i listed.. then go over there.. if you fail, you'll get a free retest.. fix the things they tell you to fix and go back, for free

i was gonna come in here and say, wait for eg6sir....but looks like hes already taken care of bi'niss

its nice to know i'm thought of around here... :D

he took my job... i did the same thing at Team Integra... then they said I had no technical knowledge or was adding to the bullshit because it's impossible to BAR a JDM swap. Then I posted my BAR sticker, and they banned me. So, I guess he might want a twin? lol

Yes, and I can guarantee your header won't match, nor will your intake. Do yourself a favor and take that chip and throw it in the garbage. You're probably running way too rich and WILL fail.

Good luck on your NOX numbers. If you need help with that, I can actually have a chip made for you that will help your chances of passing the dyno test.

yeah, you can BAR a JDM b16, but it is difficult. as you said, they run high in NOX due to the upped compression.

i got away with it even with having my head shaved a bit, however, i failed to mention that to the ref. reason being in that particular county, dyno testing wasn't taking place. i passed because i was on a sniffer. i did pass this year, so it will be the 3rd year with a legal swap. :) if you CAN look up the compatibility of your header/intake... then leave it installed and your BAR sticker will say that those are compliant as well... Mine has the header and intake installed and on the sticker. :)

mine wasnt dyno tested either.. it was just the sniffer.. i passed mine with all the stock shit on it.. other than the cams and exhaust

you're going to run into a shitload of trouble this year or next when you need to go smog again. i have a way to help you though.

Back