how can i tell if my motor is stolen?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

How can i tell if the JDM engine is stolen or not? what if i got pulled over by a cop, what's the best thing to say? I just got a JDM CTR engine. But no receipt coz i bought it from a friend.

Have your friend draft up a bill of sale showing where he got the engine from- at least you'll have SOME record of the sale. Since it's JDM though, I doubt you'll have a problem unless it was already installed into another car and THEN stolen. The cops aren't going to have a database of stolen engines from the Japanese government to check.

The best thing to say in this case, is ...

"Officer, I am sorry I posted in a thread that was almost six years old instead of starting a new one of my own."

Well, it is relevant- he probably searched for the info and found the thread. OMG a n00b using the search function! :D

When I first read the title my mind instantly went to "If it's missing from under the hood it's been stolen." If only I would have been the first post. *sigh

Glad you got it figured out though.

Back