How can i tell what tranny i have?? PLEASE help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

resideinva

i recently bought a DA and was told it had a b16 tranny in it...how do i know if that is true? the decal tag isnt there on the tranny anywhere and from what ive researched...the fifth gear speed associated with rpm is the exact same as an LS. i know its a possibility that the fifth gear was replaced with the LS fifth
is there anyway i can tell if i infact have B16 tranny or was bullshitted and still have an LS?!?

next time you're on the freeway .. get up to 80mph in 5th gear and look what rpm you're at.. b16 tranny should sit around 4400 rpm at 80 mph in 5th gear

yeah thats what i did and i was at around 3700 or something like that. which is the LS tranny level at 80.
but what i was saying it that it could have been replaced with the LS fifth. im not sure so thats why i was trying to see if there are any other tell tale signs on the tranny itself or anything in other gears besides fifth

its most likely a LS tranny.. you got duped .. .. a GSR tranny sits a 4000rpm

the car moves pretty quick. i have a hard time believing its just an ls tranny. if i got duped, i got duped. but i still have a LSD :)

...yeah.
i dont at all understand how to use that graph or how you figured it out with that. ive heard other ppl say that their LS tranny is the same at 80
i mean when whoever put the tranny in could have just installed an LSD before mounting it to the engine
i appreciate your input and help man for real

well, i took the max rpm and set it at 3700 which you said you were at while doing 80mph.. then i entered the gear ratios for each gear and set the final drive at 4.2 like the y1 sirI tranny.. result was, at 3700 rpm in 5th gear was 79.X mph ...

well, i redid it and it came up different.. i even did the LS 5th gear in the b16 tranny and it put it at 83 mph at 3700.. then i did the LS gears and it was right on.. you got an LS tranny dude..

thanks i appreciate the dissappointing news! haha
no but for real thanks bro
looks like a got some ass to beat
just gotta find the guy. weird how after he sold me the car he "lost his password" and started using his friends and then just kinda dissappeared after that
shady bitch. gave it to me with 2 bald tires with metal thread showing from camber wear. you win some you lose some
i still think i got a decent deal on it...maybe

Back