How cani get more power out of an auto?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

imprtrcng30

Hey i have a 1997 honda accord 4-door with an auto tranny...yes i know it sucks but im only 17 bout to turn 18 and sorta stuck with it for a few more years....i have catback exhaust, headers, all 3 struts, cold air intake, and spark plug wires...i know theres gotta be a way to get an automatic faster....if anyone knows of any way to get an auto to shift faster or accelerate faster or anything please help.....pulley's?intake manifold?fuel rai and regulator? please help and if anyone knows anything about a.....automatic shift kit?:\ please tell me what it is....ive heard that it makes the auto shift alittle quicker and if so please let me know where i can get one....thanks for all the help.

Originally posted by imprtrcng30@Mar 13 2005, 12:57 AM
Hey i have a 1997 honda accord 4-door with an auto tranny...yes i know it sucks but im only 17 bout to turn 18 and sorta stuck with it for a few more years....i have catback exhaust, headers, all 3 struts, cold air intake, and spark plug wires...i know theres gotta be a way to get an automatic faster....if anyone knows of any way to get an auto to shift faster or accelerate faster or anything please help.....pulley's?intake manifold?fuel rai and regulator? please help and if anyone knows anything about a.....automatic shift kit?:\ please tell me what it is....ive heard that it makes the auto shift alittle quicker and if so please let me know where i can get one....thanks for all the help.
[post=472826]Quoted post[/post]​

dont waste your time/money

You have done the basics. Really your best course is patients. Save up and get an h22a swap with the 5speed parts. Its hard to make auto honda's go fast.

the cheapest way to get a better driving experience for you would be to convert from auto to manual...

if you don't know how to drive stick, then learn...

you'll like the manual a lot more but the auto->manual swap is quite a bit of work...

you should also look into a custom turbo kit...

homemadeturbo.com, read it...
it'll get you started

it isnt that hard. I did it... its weas pretty simple. Especially on a Hydro car... becuase 99% of the holes are already there.

Originally posted by tphan4@Mar 14 2005, 05:52 PM
buy a nitrous kit...prob the cheapest way to make an auto quicker
[post=473458]Quoted post[/post]​

sell the car and buy something else

I looked into making my automatic CRX faster too. But really the best advice I can give you has already been given. Save up for a swap and make it a five speed. Really the swap from auto to manual isnt really that bad. Hopefully your frame has all the holes already there like my crx does. Another thing to keep in mind is that honda's are built for economy espically the automatics. Just read up some here and at other honda websites and think do you like your car enough to swap the motor and tranny. Or would you rather sell it and start fresh with somthing you really want. Get your goals all down and shoot for that.

Back