How deep in debt are you?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LMAO

advert banner on bottom of the page is for nodebt.com

ingenious :)

and i hope all those poor souls with college loans are studying something worth while, not like english, or psychology, or liberal arts...
well, i guess all those are fine if you;re going to school for a doctorate, then make the loot...

the rising costs of college are making it even less worth while... you're better off going to a boces type trade school while in high school then going straight to a trained skill profession... instant money...

Originally posted by Airjockie@Oct 7 2004, 04:49 AM
I'm still in more debt than all of you...
[post=399464]Quoted post[/post]​

Wrong. :)

House: $147,000
Car: $16,000
Credit card: $4000

Grand total: $167,000

Beat that, sucker fishes. :lol:

no debt, good credit.

and i pay 2600/yr for full coverage on my mirage since i was a shitty driver for awhile.

Laff

House - $305,000.00
CC's - $26,000.00
Wife's College Loan - $18,000.00
2 Cars- $23,000.00 approx left (Infinity j30t, & a VW Jetta)

Also some other stuff. I pay out around $3,500.00 + a month for bills. this of course does not include day care, or the fact my wife is unemployed.
:ph34r:

Lets see... debt... debt... nope, can't find any. My parent's have promised to repay me (eventually) the $32,000 I loaned them over the last 18 months. :)

Also on the good credit thing:

Make sure with CC's that you always have at least half the total balance of your card available. If you do not get another card and move a portion of the balance over.

Example:

Its better to have a 2 cards with a $20k limit and a $10k balance, then one card with a $20k limit and a $20k balance.

Keep them below or at 50%

god damn im glad my college is cheap. my tuition is like $6-7k/year since i just got approved for instate tuition. and my mom's work has a benefit that pays for half of it :)

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Oct 7 2004, 02:22 PM
god damn im glad my college is cheap. my tuition is like $6-7k/year since i just got approved for instate tuition. and my mom's work has a benefit that pays for half of it :)
[post=399565]Quoted post[/post]​

Instate tution for me is 17k for the first year (since you have to stay in the dorms) then if I move off campus, its 13-14ish. College is a rip off :) :p

Originally posted by MiguelDelFuego@Oct 7 2004, 11:09 AM
Laff

House - $305,000.00
CC's - $26,000.00
Wife's College Loan - $18,000.00
2 Cars- $23,000.00 approx left (Infinity j30t, & a VW Jetta)

Also some other stuff. I pay out around $3,500.00 + a month for bills. this of course does not include day care, or the fact my wife is unemployed.
:ph34r:
[post=399558]Quoted post[/post]​

Wow! I feel humbled.

Also, your advice about credit cards....I've been told by my mortgage guy that 75% is the target number, not 50% (for purposes of a better credit score). Don't really know which one is correct, just relaying info.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Oct 7 2004, 10:59 AM
when you get a credit report it counts as someone checking your credit as if you've applied for a loan and subsequentally lowers your credit score...

the same goes for when you apply for a loan at numerous places, the more time they check your credit the lower your score gets cause they don't know whether you've recieved a loan or not...

[post=399490]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually you arre mistaken.
There are three types of inquries
1) Hard Inquiry - When an actuall full report is pulled by a lender
2) Soft Inquiry - When a lender checks to seee if you have creidt a short form report
3) Promotional Inquiry - When you get those your pre-approved credit card offers

Those three types lower your credit score
#1+2 about 5 points per inquiry
#3 about 1-2 points per inquiry

The good news is you can put a promotional block on your credit reports to stop the
promotional inquiry.

There is one last type of inquiry, I can't remember the technical term
but A credit report run by yourself does no harm to your report at all.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Oct 7 2004, 12:28 PM
The good news is you can put a promotional block on your credit reports to stop the promotional inquiry.
[post=399584]Quoted post[/post]​

Can you offer any more info on this? I'd love to do this, not really to help my credit score (if it actually does in the first place), but to stop the 10+ pieces of junk mail a week I get offering me credit cards.

I'm a little skeptical that those promotional inquires actually lower your credit score. As I said, I get dozens of these a month, and I've got stellar credit. I was always under the impression that you got a certain number of "free" checks to your credit, then (after 5 or so, maybe?) some lines starts appearing on your credit report that state your credit has been checked a bunch of times.

Ah, google is great I just found the info

Opt out of pre-approved offers of credit: 1-888-567-8688
The Big 3 bureaus now use the same telephone number: 1-888-567-8688 or 1-888-5-OPTOUT. If you call one, you are opting-out with all 3.

optout only puts a block on your report for a max of 2 years

Speaking of reports It's about that time of year I've got to get a copy of my own from the big three.

I'm about 3g's in debt with credit cards. that includes the Sony TV and Surround sound i bought a few months ago and other random cool shit. on top of that i pay the monthly utilities, DSL, and cell phone, and have a girlfriend, which is a money pit in itself. yeah and i'm only 20. I plan on moving out of san diego soon, back up north to my hometown, and breaking up with the girlfriend, so with some time i should be all caught up on my $$.

Horrible to say, but after reading this I plan on going in debt.
When I turn 18, new car. 4-8k.

Next fall,
-UW, 16k X 4 Years,
-Housing, 6k x 4 years

Misc. Bills.

I just can't wait!

Originally posted by DarkHand@Oct 7 2004, 02:11 PM
Lets see... debt... debt... nope, can't find any. My parent's have promised to repay me (eventually) the $32,000 I loaned them over the last 18 months. :)
[post=399560]Quoted post[/post]​

what the fuck for? your parents have a coke habit?

I got 1 credit card left to pay for, and 2 g's left on my GSR to pay for. My HB is paid off, and i'm just waiting on loan... so i can boost my rides. Peace! B)

OH!, and it pays to have good credit!!! TRUST ME!

Originally posted by reckedracing@Oct 7 2004, 11:55 AM
the rising costs of college are making it even less worth while... you're better off going to a boces type trade school while in high school then going straight to a trained skill profession... instant money...
[post=399504]Quoted post[/post]​

My girlfriend gets paid $1400 a month for graduate school, at first I thought it was unreal but she puts in 10 hour days doing schoolwork. Her friend also had her tuition waived at Harvard and gets like $2k a month. Penn State has some pretty nice stipends, I heard Joe Paterno throws like half his paycheck back to the University for stipends, financial aid etc and that probably the reason for it.

I am close to a 100 grand between the truck and house, and the credit card bills for money I have put into the house. Just becareful with your your spending.
About the credit card thing and paying them off right away, I have always paid off my balance in full for 6 years and I had a 725 credit score. After buying the house and the shit for it who knows what it is now.

the lady at the bank told me that "paying your entire balance is good for your credit" to.

Back