how do I convert to hydro tranny?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chap_e77

I want to change my care to a hydraulic tranny. Is there a way to do it? I know hasport has a kit that allows cable to hydrolic but its just brackets right? not a real hydro kit. I dont know about these things. I just got a crx that is pissing me off. I just want to rip it all out and switch it to obd 1. rewire the whole car to obd 1 with a harness from a eg hatch I have laying aroung. is any of this possible, or been done before?

rewiring the whole car CAN be done but you don't sound like you have the skills to do it

it requires a lot of custom shit...
you'll need to make an OBD1 cluster work in your console
you'll need to run a VSS
you'll have to rewire all lights as they are completely diffrent setups
you'll have issues with the fuel pump and sender unit, issues with all your dash wiring, wiper motor is diffrent, etc etc etc

don't even try it

and why do you want to go hydro exactly???
you can use the cable to hydro conversion but WHY???
it makes no sense, maybe you just need to adjust your clutch cable?

or get a DIFFRENT CAR PERHAPS???

you would need to swap the clutch mc and all the hydro crap or run the hasport kit

Quoted post[/post]]
I want to change my care to a hydraulic tranny. Is there a way to do it? I know hasport has a kit that allows cable to hydrolic but its just brackets right? not a real hydro kit. I dont know about these things. I just got a crx that is pissing me off. I just want to rip it all out and switch it to obd 1. rewire the whole car to obd 1 with a harness from a eg hatch I have laying aroung. is any of this possible, or been done before?

i rewired my 89 hatch ..Now its a obd1...It was a bitch...I went thru hell..so i dont recomend you to do it unless you really really have too....
I used all the wiring from a obd1 teg. and the plugs in the engine bay area all matched....didnt have a problem there...Now the problem was trying to figure out what wire runs the back up lights, taillights fuel pump, ect ect.....It took me about a month to do it,,..for the cluster , well i used a 95 teg cluster and and bingo...worked fine...you must rewire the , ebrake light, low fuel light, signals, open trunk light and a couple of other for the cluster to function properly...<--the way its supposed too..lol....
You must rewire the fuel pump...while youre there you might aswell use a heavier wire...

dude.....dont bother....its not worth it...lol.....

good luck..

Back