how do i determine the year of my GSR head????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18vtecrx

i bought a civic with a gsr swap and the guy i got it from said the block is a 97 and the head is a 93 but i was looking at skunk2 intake manifolds cause im ready to order one and the 93 model wont work on the 94 and up model so i need to know if there is a number or something that will tell me the year for sure? thanks for any help. -mike

Look on the exhaust side of the head, above the #4 exhaust runner (the side furthest away from the cam gears). There are some circle-type markings with numbers in them. One of them, I believe it's the one furthest to the right, is the year. It'll be something like (9|3) or (9|4) or something like that...

Quoted post[/post]]
Look on the exhaust side of the head, above the #4 exhaust runner (the side furthest away from the cam gears). There are some circle-type markings with numbers in them. One of them, I believe it's the one furthest to the right, is the year. It'll be something like (9|3) or (9|4) or something like that...

thanks a lot ill check that out. i hope its that easy then i can order the skunk2 manifold.

It's that easy. Call Skunk2 to verify- they're pretty good on the phone with potential customers.

Back