how do i do auto to manual swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94civicexand92hatch

i have done all of the bolt up work, all i need to do is put a master cylinder in. i have actually taken out the body mount for the tranny, and mounted my own mount. i need to know if the auto computer will work on manual. any info you guys have would be nice. thank you

The auto computer will work. Ur probably going to have to use it anywayz because when doing this swap, it is required to change the intake manifold and a few sensors on it as well. Im not sure which ones but u could just change the whole thing. If you use a manual computer on a engine with a IM from an auto, it will NOT start. Make sure u get the wiring correct.

i have the d16z6 engine already in the car and the computer goes to it but will it work with an manual tranny the ecu is for an auto
.just need to know what kind of wiring needs done or where else can i find out,,thanks!

you have to jumper a few connections in the harness that used to plug up to the auto shifter assy, for reverse lights, nuetral safety switch, and also a solonoid has to be jumped so you can remove the key from the ignition... its not too bad.

Back