How do I get ahold of UK parts?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stmotorsports

Hey all. I found some specs for some European parts I'd really like to get my hands on, but how can I make it happen? I've spoken via phone and/or email to a few different yards over there, but the ones I've spoken to want WAYY too much $$$- not to mention shipping. I don't get it- you can get JDM parts from swap shops/importers for like dirt cheap- anybody know of any Euro importers??

looking for a 5-speed hydro trans or at least the final drive parts from a 1995-ish civic with a d14a2...
supposedly they had si/ex gearing with some crazy low 4.5 final(??)
apparently the 1.4Ls are pretty much a dime a dozen over there too- like cx's/dx's here in the states...
i would think parts like that GOTTA be available for cheap (??)
:shrug2:

i recall seein alot of of d14 carbed engines. does it matter if the engine is carb'd? im about to do a tranny swap also on my b7, with a z6 tranny though....

from what I understand all the 1.4Ls are carbed- kind of like a super-budget model i guess...
yeah thats kinda what i'm doing as far as trans- I have a friend holding on to a JDM d-series lsd trans (same ratios as z6) for me, I figured it would be perfect with the Euro final drive
B)
here's a genuine Honda link to uk-spec '95-'97 5-door civic specs (MA_ chassis...??)-
http://www.honda.co.uk/owner/CivicManual/pdf/1-2.pdf
the MA8 chassis has the low final drive, but otherwise US-spec dx/lx 1-5 ratios. Supposedly there are a few other years and chassis styles with the 1.4L that come complete with si/ex gearing AND the low final drive, but I'm still trying to verify this...

Yea, those are a dime a dozen. Shipping a tranny would be a pain for me since our weight limit through the APO is 70lbs, so I'd have to go through the German system, and that isn't cheap.

I don't think a d-trans weighs 70lbs- when we did my gf's swap she was carrying her cx trans around by herself and she's no butch...

if i get you an exact weight on a d-series trans would you be willing to ship me one?

bro you would be my all-time hero :worthy: :worthy:

Well, if it doesn't weigh too much I could try, but I'd want to you to give me an exact year and model, and find out for sure it has hte FD and gearing you are looking for, because I don't want to be responsible for you winding up with something you don't want because of a rumor...

supposedly they had si/ex gearing with some crazy low 4.5 final

hey, I need some 90-93 accord parts... :D

specifically I'm looking for the coupe side mouldings...

:D

Maybe we have our official EDM parts sourcer now! :lol:

Originally posted by sleepn_accord@Jun 20 2004, 09:40 PM
hey, I need some 90-93 accord parts... :D

specifically I'm looking for the coupe side mouldings...

:D

Maybe we have our official EDM parts sourcer now! :lol:

Actually, there's a 90 sitting in the yard on post right now :)

But they may be messed up or even gone, I'd have to look.

anyone still in germany? or europe in general?> cause i'd love to get a fuel rail of a Accord R. i have the manifold, and if i had the fuel rail, it'd be so badass.

Back