How do i know if i have an HF or Dx???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vmk23

I have a 1988 CRX and when i bought it was told it was an HF, however i think some of the parts, brakes in particular, resemble that of the Dx. Does anyone know how to truely tell them apart? Would it be in the vin # somewhere? THANKS!

Pop the hood and look, the DX is dual point fuel injection, and the HF is multi point fuel injection.

If your car has a fuel rail with 4 injectors its an hf. Also if you floor it and it doesnt go anywhere its probably an hf as well.

well i guess i should have been more clear...you guys are correct however i have a D16Y8 swapped in the car and have no idea what engine was in there before.

Anyone else?

THANKS!

well, if you want to tell by the car then ....... hmm I know an hf has small splined halfshafts and hubs. If you take a normal dx halfshaft and its to big for you hub then it would be a hf. Prolly something else but I cant think of anything off the top of my head right now.

Is there anything in the VIN # that would tell me? I thought this would be easy to tell haha but i guess not.

The 4th, 5th, and 6th, numbers of your VIN are hte chassis code. Get those and then match them to a listing
example
EH2= 92-95 VX
EG6= 92-95 SiR
etc...

www.crx.org should have the differences listed somewhere on the site. That or call your insurance agency. They foudn out my crx was an si by the vin#.

You can tell by the brake rotors, the HF rotors are the same as the 84-87, and the DX and SI share the same rotors. Also, look on your rear lower control arm, and see if its stamped w/ HF.... If so, then its an HF!!!!!

DX will usually have a rear wiper and no sunroof. HF will have neither and SI will have both. USUSALLY!!! Dont hate if im wrong.

I you're constantly looking for DOWN HILL on-ramps and reject all others, it's an HF. If you feel that you've got 1st, 2nd, and then 3 5th gears, it's an HF. :p

Originally posted by ShootingStar@Sep 14 2003, 04:31 PM
I you're constantly looking for DOWN HILL on-ramps and reject all others, it's an HF. If you feel that you've got 1st, 2nd, and then 3 5th gears, it's an HF. :p

Like i said before i have a D16Y8 swapped in so i'm actually looking for things a little bit more challenging :p

just look on the damn rear lower control arm!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahaha Thats all you have to do!!!!!!!! It will be stamped w/ HF!!!!!!!!!!

Back