How do i know if i have an HF or Dx???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

This thread is useless without pics.

hf....no rear wiper. no sunroof. no rear swaybar. 23 count axle splines. no clock in the car( center vents). usually has blue interior. has no rear cargo items(just open hatch area) no speakers in the rear. tach on dash redlines at 5500. has a shift up indicator light on guage cluster. what else am i missing?

haha does HF have no rear speakers lol, i have just always thought whoever had my car before me was a dumbass and took out the back speakers and never replaced em, ohh yeah also you can lift up your front passager side carpeting its stamped HF there also...be careful about the wiper cargo sunroof thing, cause lots of CRXs don't have the cargo stuff, my HF has a factory (or at least installed the same way and switch the same) sunroof, and my buddies si for some reason has no rear wiper or an signs of it, go figure.....

I'm gonna check the rear LCA before MaliWho has a heart attack...the reason i was asking is because i have no rear speakers/no rear sway bar/no rear wiper and some other stuff everyone says determines whether you have an HF or not but hey when i went to put new rotors on my car the calipers were from a DX/Si...YET I THOUGHT I HAD AN HF UP UNTILL THEN...almost positive they are stock there is no indication of replacement.

Hahaha, No Heart attack here, just anxious to see what model you have... Hahaha I had the cargo junk in my HF too...... That was the first thing to go!!!!!! Hahaha Hope ya get it figured out man!

It is possible that someone put on dx/si brakes on. If they are using any other axles than the stock hf ones they would have to convert to si/dx brakes.

Show us some pics.

look at the wiring......if it loox stock......it was the HF

if it loox modified.......it was a DX

pull the cover off the ecu and look at the harness ends

check how the injectors are wired up

IN THE VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER there are 11 digits. Here is how to tell if you have a DX or HF...

find the eighth digit. if it is a "5", you have a DX, if its a "6" you have an HF (or an SI).

here is my partial vehicle ID#. I have a crx DX.

JHMED835XK....

It appears you do have internet so my advice is go to Kellysbluebook.com and run you VIN and it will tell you. SIMPLE PEOPLE.

Back