How do I know if this transmission is an Si?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

89' Project Civic

d16a6/d16y8 "mini-me"
Hey guys, how do I find out if the transmission I am possibly buying is an Si transmission? What code, if any, is what? Thanks in advance!

Thanks, which code would be an Si? I'm just buying an Si transmission for the gear ratio. I already have a D15b2 Cx transmission. Is it even worth it?

L3A is dx, any of the others listed will be a si

Ok, thanks a tonne man. You answered a question I have been wondering for several months now. Is there a significant increase in torque with the Si? The guy I might trade it for says it's an L3, not L3A. Also, He wants me to trade 2 Ractive strut bars and a Momo hub for it. Is it worth it?

well if it was me i would trade, but look at the trans yourself to make sure its not l3a because they all will say l3 whats after it is whats important

Ok, cool. I am just nervous because this is the same guy who sold me my Si block and said it was ok. However; when I was rebuilding it, I took a piston ring out and bent it a little, because the rings were garbage anyway, and it broke. So I think it had a blown ring.

Well, the guy stopped by and did the trade. I looked and it was an L3 - xxxxxxx. He took the strut bars and steering wheel. He offered me a Flywheel, Pressure Plate, and Clutch Disc for $50 so I took it. All the items appeared to be in excellent condition. I found out that mine was an Si transmission too, I didn't check and automatically assumed it to be a Dx or Cx transmission. The code on the one I had is L3 - 2074899. I ended up posting it on a local site for $75.

Ok, cool. I am just nervous because this is the same guy who sold me my Si block and said it was ok. However; when I was rebuilding it, I took a piston ring out and bent it a little, because the rings were garbage anyway, and it broke. So I think it had a blown ring.

new or old piston rings are pretty brittle, if you bend them they will break...

Back