how do i pin the knock sensor and iab sensors for the butterflies in the harness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

THI3FINTH3NIGHT

im doing a gsr swap and have done many swaps of the same series before ie b series to b series d series to d series.but i have never done a d series to a b series motor before. i have a 93 honda del sol with a d16z6 vtec motor in it. what additional wiring do i have to do besides plug n play. and how do i pin the knock sensor and iab sensor into the harness and ecu? i am a mechanic in the military and am fairly mechanically inclined so whatever suggestions i can get would be very helpful.

im doing a gsr swap and have done many swaps of the same series before ie b series to b series d series to d series.but i have never done a d series to a b series motor before. i have a 93 honda del sol with a d16z6 vtec motor in it. what additional wiring do i have to do besides plug n play. and how do i pin the knock sensor and iab sensor into the harness and ecu? i am a mechanic in the military and am fairly mechanically inclined so whatever suggestions i can get would be very helpful.

Ive done a d series to b series and it depend on which harness.... from which motor your using.

like a 97civic ex harness is plug and play on a b16a obd2a but the 97 civic dx wouldnt

That should be easy then. Just completely replace the Del Sol harness with the gsr harness. Then just splice in the chassis wires (ELD, power wires, grounds, etc) to the gsr harness.

I've never done exactly the swap your doing, but that would be my guess as to how to approch it. Since you have the whole gsr harness and all...

for anyone that may do this swap in the future i used the d16z6 harness and then just wired in the knock and the iabs into the stock harness. its the quickest and easiest way to keep a factory appearance.

Back