How do I play this movie?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
Ok, so I DLed a movie, but it is torrented in a .BIN file and a .CUE file, both are in one folder. It says DVDRiP-KVCD.

What do I need to do to put this together and make it play?

Do I burn it as an ISO image? or a data disc? I only have a few DVD's and don't want to buy more because I wasted some. (yes I am a cheap ass)

or you could download a program called "isobuster" and extract the whole file straight to your hard drive, skipping the image burning process alltogether. It's freeware and it is a pretty cool little application. You just load the .bin file into isobuster, and extract the data to your desktop, or wherever. If it's a DVD then it will play through your DVD application. And you can then burn it later if you want. You can get the application through google, or downloads.com I think. It's easy to find. If you decide to go this route, let me know and I can try and help you through the process.

Also, if you dont have Nero, you can still burn the image, but, you need to have the embedded disk name absolutely correct or it will burn as an unrecognised disk. You can also find out this info in iso buster.

John-

bin/cue format was created by CDRWin... you should download Alcohol 120% and just mount the image, or use it to burn it to a CD.

WoooWOoooo, I used ISObuster to turn it into a movie clip :)

Worked good enough to watch, I'll look further into CDRWin to cook up a disc. Thanks

Originally posted by Calesta@Jul 22 2005, 04:24 PM
John-

bin/cue format was created by CDRWin... you should download Alcohol 120% and just mount the image, or use it to burn it to a CD.
[post=529809]Quoted post[/post]​

Is there a DVDRWin? CDRWin doesn't support DVDs, and this is bigger than 700mb, not much, but it is :(

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jul 22 2005, 01:10 PM
WoooWOoooo, I used ISObuster to turn it into a movie clip :)

Worked good enough to watch, I'll look further into CDRWin to cook up a disc. Thanks
[post=529881]Quoted post[/post]​

No problems dude. Enjoy :)

if you are on windows, you can just explore the folder, right click and open with roxio or nero, should extract the cue file to the disk thingamabob. Thats how all of my linux distros have worked.

cool u got it working

for files like this i usually just mount them using daemon tools and watch it from there

Daemon Tools :thumbsup:

you can download a plugin for Daemon tools that allow you to open the files by right clicking it: right-click the .cue file->Daemon Tools->Mount to Drive(whichever letter you assign it).
sample:
daemon.JPG

or just simply dl daemon and just mount the image from the program.

i had isobuster before; it doesnt(or i didnt know it could) mount images. you'd have to extract it somewhere so youd have to wait for it to extract and itll take up 2x more space.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jul 22 2005, 04:24 PM
John-

[post=529809]Quoted post[/post]​

From what I have been reading around, Alcohol 120% doesn't work completely on 64 bit OS's yet, but they are working on it.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jul 25 2005, 02:34 PM
From what I have been reading around, Alcohol 120% doesn't work completely on 64 bit OS's yet, but they are working on it.
[post=530875]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh, ok. I'm not upgraded to 64bit spec yet, but hopefully soon... have too many bills at this point, and one more really big purchase coming up.

On DVDRWin, I have no clue. Check Golden Hawk Technology's web site and see what you can find. Alcohol 120% is still generally your best bet for refined "all image" burning software.

Is it really worth upgrading to 64bit. I built a co-worker and insane gaming machine a week ago and i told him it was, but of course i was lying. Will 64 bit really be viable in the next 5 years?

if you are wondering about the computer
ASUS A8N-E
Athlon 64 3500+
1 GB Corsair XMS (2x 512)
nVidia 6600GT

Another very happy customer of reikoshea.com

Yeah, it's worth it... even if the guy isn't running 64bit OS or applications yet- the A64 chips are still the fastest out there for apps and games in 32bit mode.

Back