how do i pull out my computer to check what it is :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1hgem115

ya i know this sounds crazy

i bought an em1 almost 2 months ago and a mechanic who looked at it for me said i was runnin a stock p28. somethings he says arent entirely true so i wanted to check it out for myself. how do i pull that bad boy out of there? (im thinkin theres an easy way)

thanks for the help
david

thank you
...but...whats a kick panel? is it something i can pull out like the fusebox cover?

and also what do i do from there to determine if its a p28

thank you civicious

when you open the passenger side door and sit in the seat, it's the plastic thingie that your right foot is right next to....like, if the door's closed, it's what's right in front of the door speaker.

pop that sucker off, and from there look at the label on the ECU. It's a white sticker with a barcode and something like '37820-p72-003'. The middle 3 is the actual ECU code...if it says P28, it's a P28. I believe the correct stock ecu for an EM1 is a P2T.

ok so i was out there..... and i couldnt find anything to kick it. this kick panel, is it under the dash? under the glovebox?

please bear with me, sorry

david

Dude!!!!!

Ok, If you look at where the glove box is, then look down, you'll see the carpet where the feet lay on.

now, look right, there is a piece of plastic, that's like a cover for the metal wall, you got to lift the carpet from the far end of the car out toward you, and then pull the

ecu1.jpg

ecu.jpg

Dude!!!!!

Ok, If you look at where the glove box is, then look down, you'll see the carpet where the feet lay on.

now, look right, there is a piece of plastic, that's like a cover for the metal wall, you got to lift the carpet from the far end of the car out toward you, and then pull the

ecu1.jpg

ecu.jpg
Totally off topic but we have the same style pedals and e-brake if that is an NRG carbon fiber e-barke you have there

Back