How Do I Reset The Ecu???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yea I Did It But The Idle Problem Still Happens It Runs For Like 3sec And Turns Off I Start Up And Runs Longer And Die's.........

so do u have a CEL on? honestly im a numb myself. but its either not gettin a consisting amount of spark or fuel.

i think you can just pull on the 10A hazard fuze in the engine bay and that resets the ecu

Reseting the ecu can be done in 20 different ways. My favorite is to unplug the ecu and plug it back in. If it starts and idles real low and then dies it is most likely your iacv located on the back of the intake manifold. Take it off and spray it out thoroughly with some break cleaner/carb cleaner/or pb blast. Make sure you clean it well and if you still have the problem try replacing the iacv.

you dont just disconnect the battery^ you pull the negative terminal off and leave it off for 5 minutes..or you can pull the 10a hazard fuse(located under the hood in the fuse panel)

yea..leave the negative cable off for at least a min or so.. or you can pull the hazard fuse which works well...if this fails the iacv is being a bitch and needs a good cleanin

Unhooking both battery terminals, unhooking just the ground, or pulling the fuse, it's all exactly the same thing. Does not make a difference which way you do it as long as you disconnect the power to the ECU for a few minutes.

Sounds like a fast idle valve problem to me as well.

Back