how do i reset the maintence required light?????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18vtecrx

ok i have a 94 integra LS its stock but anyhow i need to reset the maintence required light its driving me crazy having it on all the time, and no i dont want to just take out the bulb i woud rather do it the right way. thanks for any help, i really appreciate it. -mike

Quoted post[/post]]
ok i have a 94 integra LS its stock but anyhow i need to reset the maintence required light its driving me crazy having it on all the time, and no i dont want to just take out the bulb i woud rather do it the right way. thanks for any help, i really appreciate it. -mike
is there a keyhole on the cluster..if yea put a key in there.
I also read to turn the car to ON (But not running) and hold the trip-odometer reset in for 5 seconds.

Nope, there's a button on the right side of the steering column, turn the key on the on position and hold the button down until the light goes off.

ok howabout for a 2000 accord ex? shit is buggin me too

i see no button on the right side of the steering column.....could you please explain further? or can somebody else confirm hes right? thank for all the help
-mike

the integra its under the dash by your feet. its a small box about 1.5 inches big. there's a blue button on it.

as for the accord. you hold down the odometer button as you turn the car on and keep holding it.

Quoted post[/post]]
the integra its under the dash by your feet. its a small box about 1.5 inches big. there's a blue button on it.

as for the accord. you hold down the odometer button as you turn the car on and keep holding it.

ok i found the blue button, now do i just press it or do i have to turn the key to the "on" position and then press it? please let me know asap. thanks -mike

for the integra
turn the key to "on"
press and hold the blue button
wait for the "maint req'd" light to turn off
release the button
turn the car off then on

should be gone

for most other newer hondas
press and hold the trip reset button
turn the key to "on"
the "maint req'd" light will blink a few times then turn off
turn the car off
release the trip reset button
start the car

should be gone

some cars have 2 buttons right on top of eachother on the cluster
sometimes you have to press and hold both buttons to get the light to turn off

You Guys. Thanks So Much I have a 96 Integra and I had the same problem The Maintence Light. It was getting on my nerves. But i followed your steps and it worked. How long will it be off for? and after pressing that blue button will it mess up anything else in the car? I hope not:( pls let me know a.s.a.p

all the light is for is a reminder to take it to the dealer to get an oil change etc.. it doesnt mess anything up

^Im a newbie. Lol 17 years old so i dont know much yet of my car as much as i should. I just wanted to know if it would mess up anything else. How long will it take to come back on??And what do you suggest to do now that the light is off?And your positive it will have no other effect on the car?

Service Indicator Reset 08 CRV

I realize this is an old thread but this seemed a good place to ask this question.
I have a 08 CRV. I know how to reset the oil life indicator but how do I reset the "A' service indicator (there is a B indicator as well but it's not lit)? Is there a super secret dealer only handshake or something?

Thanks, D

Back