1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do I Take A Shortshifter Out

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by slammedb18acivic, Feb 14, 2003.

1. slammedb18acivic

slammedb18acivic Senior Member

my short shifter is stuck in my shiftlinkage . i unbolted the bottom bolt and tryed to get it out. the top ball is in the bushing good. is there a trick to get this out of the linkage i dont know about. also ive posted in another forum and appolijize but didnt realize wrong forum. thanks

2. lsvtec

lsvtec GNU/Linux Evangelist

Only post a topic once. We all read every forum.

3. slammedb18acivic

yea i know thats why i said knew i did and appolijized. but im here for answers not bullshitting thanks

4. lsvtec

Relax, just like you didn't bother to read the forum, I didn't bother to read your post.

Have you removed the bolt that clamps the shifter into the change extension?

5. slammedb18acivic

i disconected the bottom bolt, the only bolt that holds the shifter in place. the prob is getting the shifter out of the bushing.

6. Darivative

Darivative Guest

Un-bolt the linkage from the tranny so you can pull it out of the bushing if you having problems.

7. lsvtec

According to the Helms manual for the 93 Integra there is a small plate bolted to the change extension that holds the shift lever dust seal and the shift lever ball seat in place. Once you remove that plate (I believe that it is a 10mm self locking nut) you should be able to get the shift out.

8. slammedb18acivic

thanks for the help, i ended up figureing it out. there is a clip that holds it all together. once removed w/ needle nose pliers. i was able to hit it out of the linkage. wrked out great. thanks again

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted