how do i tell the dif

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdm94ex

i got a gsr in my civic but i am not gettin any spark when i dropped the motor in my civic harness would not work because the gsr dizzy only has one big plug and i was told its plug and play could the dizzy be obd2???

and what should i look for on the not gettin spark thing

the civic is a 94 and im unsure of the motor i pulled it from a 94 civic dx. before i pulled it i drove the civic and when i pulled it i got the wireharness ecu everything..... but y would it not be gettin spark a week later??? :unsure:

one more thing if the motor is obd2 would it run in my car?

should i buy a obd1 dizzy and would that be it to convert it to obd1 and if the ecu is obd2 will it plug into my civic because the ecu i got plugged right in but the civic wireharness would not on the engine

OK ROOKIE, THIS IS WHAT IT IS, IF YOUR CAR IS A 94 IT'S OBD1 ....KNOW IF YOUR MOTOR IS AN OBD2 YOU WILL NEED TO USE YOUR STOCK HARNESS OR A 94-95 GSR HARNESS IF YOU WISH NOT TO RUN AND CUT SOME WIRES, OBD1 INJECTORS, OBD1 ALTER, AN OBD1 DIST AND OR OBD1 P61, P72, P30, AND LAST BUT NOT LEASE A P28

hey man i know im knew to the game but what im confused on it how was it runnin in a obd1 car and is my ecu obd1 it plugged right into my civic? and will my civic alternator work?

how do i know if my ecu is obd1 or 2 because im gonna start gettin the stuff to convert it all i need now is ecu and dizzy

IF YOUR COUMPTER IS OBD2A IT LOOKS LIKE THIS OBD2A

AND IF YOUR COUMPTER IS OBD2B IT LOOKS LIKE THIS OBD2B

IF YOUR CAR IS ALREADY OBD1 PLEASE DONT CHANGE IT OVER TO OBD2 :thumbsup:

will a obd2 ecu plug into an obd1 harness? and im gonna convert it to obd1

Originally posted by Calesta@Apr 6 2005, 11:46 PM
No it won't plug straight in.
[post=484030]Quoted post[/post]​

ok well my ecu is obd1 then because it plugged right in

would this let the car run with the obd2 dizzy and stuff because it came form a runnin car and it started once for me but i cant get it to fire up again

It should work with an OBD2 distributor if all the wiring is for OBD1... but the safest solution is to make sure you have all OBD1 components.

IF UR WANTING TO KNOW IF THE MOTOR IS OBD1 OR OBD2 HERES HOW YOU CHECK. DOES IT HAVE ONE OR TWO O2 SENSOR 94-95 HAVE ONE WHICH IS A HEATED O2 AND IS OBD1. 96-01 HAVE TWO O2 OXEGEN SENSORS WHICH ONE IS PRIMARY AND THE OTHER IS SECONDARY AND THAT IS OBD2 ALSO HONDA PUT A CRANK ANGLE SENSOR IN 96-01 AND 94-95 DONT HAVE WHICH THAT IS A GOOD WAY TO TELL. LET ME KNOW.

THANKS STEVE

Originally posted by 96CIVICLS@Apr 7 2005, 09:07 AM
IF UR WANTING TO KNOW IF THE MOTOR IS OBD1 OR OBD2 HERES HOW YOU CHECK. DOES IT HAVE ONE OR TWO O2 SENSOR 94-95 HAVE ONE WHICH IS A HEATED O2 AND IS OBD1. 96-01 HAVE TWO O2 OXEGEN SENSORS WHICH ONE IS PRIMARY AND THE OTHER IS SECONDARY AND THAT IS OBD2 ALSO HONDA PUT A CRANK ANGLE SENSOR IN 96-01 AND 94-95 DONT HAVE WHICH THAT IS A GOOD WAY TO TELL. LET ME KNOW.

THANKS STEVE
[post=484105]Quoted post[/post]​

i know the motor has a crank sensor so its obd2 so im gonna have to switch it to obd1 will my civic alternator and injectors work?

let me guess the problem your having is the plugs well what you need to know is that the plugs are diffrent. 94-95 are diffrent plug types then 96-98 and 99-01 are difrent to 94-95 are round and 96-98 are square type ill get some pics and show you.if your wanting to use a d series altonator it wont work on a b series and the civic injectors wont work becuse they are difrent to. your best bet is to change all your compnets to a 94or95 gsr altonator,distributor, intake manifold parts. does this help you ?????????

Originally posted by 96CIVICLS@Apr 7 2005, 10:25 AM
let me guess the problem your having is the plugs well what you need to know is that the plugs are diffrent. 94-95 are diffrent plug types then 96-98 and 99-01 are difrent to 94-95 are round and 96-98 are square type ill get some pics and show you.if your wanting to use a d series altonator it wont work on a b series and the civic injectors wont work becuse they are difrent to. your best bet is to change all your compnets to a 94or95 gsr altonator,distributor, intake manifold parts. does this help you ?????????
[post=484137]Quoted post[/post]​

yea it does thanks can i use a regular teg alternator and injectors?

Back