How Do I Tune My Engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

red95solsi

I am going to a dyno to tune my car up to get some extra power out of it. I know about tuning my cam gears which is one thing i am going to be doing but how do i tune the motor to get more power from the header that i have on there?

as far as i know the only way to tune your header is to swap it for another one.
i think it would be helpful if you would provide the following so the question gets answered properly:
-engine
-list of mods

r u talking adjustable cam gears if so and u have a dohc motor u can tune for the exhaust side this is basicaly a fine tune for your timing but that is what people usually say to tune your exhaust flow u can sometimes get up to 10 horeses at the wheels with a good tuner good luck <_<

ohhh...i get it now...i wasn't too clear on the question when i first read it.

no its just a sohc but i want to get a little more power at the top end is there anything besides messing with the cam gear that could tune the header?

D16z6 engine
D16y8 intake manifold
60mm throttle body
B&M adjustable fuel pressuree regulator
AEM High Volume Fuel Rail
Custom made Cold Air Intake
HP Racing Header
Top Speed High Flow Cat
2.5 inch pipe from cat back
Ractive Muffler (sounds like shit replacing when i get the money was what i could afford at time)

I think that is all the mods i have that deal with power I also have

Koni Yellows
Eibach Pro-Kit
CF Trunklid
Integra LS 15" wheels
Front and Rear Upper Strut Braces
Rear Lower Tie Bar

get a vafc.. use your fpr .. make your a/f 13.0:1 and you can't "tune" a header...
set your fuel pressure at 38 psi to start (with the key on, ignition off)

Back