How Do You Build A Custom Turbo Kit?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey guys,
Im getting a 1995 Acura Integra GSR and I want to boost it at around 10psi of boost. Im keeping the stock internals, so I dont think Ill go anywhere over 12.

I wont have much more than 2500 for a turbokit, so I think I'll have to do it myself. But I want to know how do I do it?
What piping has to fit what? What all do I need to buy? This sort of stuff....

If somebody could make a list of the all things I'll need to buy, and what needs to fit what, that would be awesome!

Also...

Do you guys think I should pay 6000 for a gsr with 90,000 miles or 4000 for a gsr with 190,000 miles and take the 2000 saved and put new pistons, rods, bolts, and port and polish it?

Thanks guys!

$2500? I don't know man...it's doable, but you won't really have enough to do it right. How long do you want to keep your car for? I hate when people tell you it can't be done, but if you want even a smidgen of reliability, you've got to spend more than 2500 dollars.

you don't have to spend any more then $1G. it can be done right (reliable) and for pretty cheap, go to www.homemadeturbo.com and ask this same question. you will be suprised on what answers you get. i boosted for less then $600 at 8psi. so basiclly it depends on what you want and how you want to get it. tell me what you come up with....... :)

Originally posted by 94Civintegra@May 4 2003, 11:31 PM
Do you guys think I should pay 6000 for a gsr with 90,000 miles or 4000 for a gsr with 190,000 miles and take the 2000 saved and put new pistons, rods, bolts, and port and polish it?

$6,000 or $4,000 for a gsr is a fuckin' rip... unless your canidan or something... you can get a complete gsr swap for around $3,000USD. put the rest of money into the bottom end (rods, pistons and sleeves or a block guard). and if you have the money, upgrade the turbo kit to the one with hondata and tune that biaach.

Originally posted by kylemarhx+May 5 2003, 02:26 AM-->
94Civintegra
@May 4 2003, 11:31 PM

$6,000 or $4,000 for a gsr is a fuckin' rip... unless your canidan or something... you can get a complete gsr swap for around $3,000USD. put the rest of money into the bottom end (rods, pistons and sleeves or a block guard). and if you have the money, upgrade the turbo kit to the one with hondata and tune that biaach.

i think hes talking about the whole car, not just the engine...

Back