How do you connect interior lights ... ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtecjdm

I`d like to connect 2 small 3 inch tubes under my dash since the interior of my car is so damn dark ! .. heh

Now i`d like to know how to connect them so that they switch on when i switch my interior dash lights on too obviously.

Thanks

Originally posted by vtecjdm@Oct 18 2004, 12:01 PM
I`d like to connect 2 small 3 inch tubes under my dash since the interior of my car is so damn dark ! .. heh

Now i`d like to know how to connect them so that they switch on when i switch my interior dash lights on too obviously.

Thanks
[post=404154]Quoted post[/post]​

I'd pop out your dimmer switch and or one of your other dash switches and find a hot wire that comes on with your lights. You wouldn't want to run all of your extra lights off of that wire. You would use that wire as a trigger wire(+lead in) for a relay that actually powers the lights.

On the relay you have a ground, a battery lead, a +lead in, and a +out to device. The fifth post(87a) is unused for most purposes.

Don't let the mumbo jumbo scare you. It's quite easy and important to learn from wiring fog lights to troubleshooting your starter.

Do a search under wiring a Bosch relay.

Back