How do you deal with people who offend you at work?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

awptickes

unimpressed by you
VIP
So, today at work, some new bitch (hired monday) told me to my face after I told her that I got into a motorcycle accident how much she "likes crossing over the center line when she's in a curve to scare the motorcycle riders." All because she "hates everything about motorcycles."

I've never ever ever ever had problems being professional before in my life but I honestly wanted to punch her in the face.

I said to her "you realize someone doing that almost cost me my life on memorial day weekend"
she said "yeah, it was probably me" while smiling. I just walked out of the kitchen, and I hope that woman never needs me to do anything for her, because I'm not sure how timely it might get done.

I've been offended at work so much that I couldn't stop thinking about it after I walked out the door

Wow thats f'd up. Make sure she doesnt see you behind her, then push her down the stairs. Rape?

that makes me angry. time to slip some exlax in her coffee every day for the next month and let the air out of her tires every chance you get

:shrug2:

not everyone is going to like, appreciate, or even respect your hobbies or choices

some people will be more vocal about it than others

some peoples reasoning will be completely ignorant, irrational, or nonsensical

it happens

shrug it off

in the grand scheme of things does it really make any difference??? probably not.... so :gives:

you could try to change her mind and make her see that her actions are inappropriate and could lead to someone injuring or killing themselves or someone else.... she probably wont listen

i dunno... i dont waste much energy on being offended by other people
:shrug2:

but the fact that she is okay with putting other people's lives in danger makes me mad. thats why i say let the air out of her tires. every minute you can keep her off the road is better for everyone. if she has no respect for other's lives, why should you respect her personal property?

As she's driving, pass her on you bike and knock out her rear view mirror or drink into cab if her window is open. That way, when she complains about it at work, say "It was probably me" while smiling.

Never let anyone get the best of me at a workplace, and conversely never made enemies with anyone at work. Shrug it off, and remember that stupid people get what they have coming in the end. Sure, she might be ignorant about motorcycles, but shes most likely the person to loose control on a wet highway and flip her car.

Never let anyone get the best of me at a workplace, and conversely never made enemies with anyone at work. Shrug it off, and remember that stupid people get what they have coming in the end. Sure, she might be ignorant about motorcycles, but shes most likely the person to loose control on a wet highway and flip her car.

Dude, it's not like that. I'm not one to get pissed off about anything, but I'm just irritated about this.

Her actions (whether or not she actually took said actions against me) almost cost me my life less than two weeks ago.

I'm not going to take any action, I'm just curious about how other people deal with it.

Btw, I got on the bike again for the first time tonight. Rode to home depot, picked up some bolts for another project, then stopped by the local church parking lot. I rode in circles, did figure 8s, practiced short stops, quick stops, practiced a bunch of stuff over again. I think I'm confident enough that my ankle is healed enough that I can ride to work tomorrow.

Guess where I'm going to park the bike? Right fucking next to the entrance.

Read my sig. Just let it go. You're anger will fade, her stupidity is permanent.

That being said, pebble in the valve stem cap. Will release the air every time she puts it back on and she'll have no idea.

I've been a waiter since I was 18. Stupid people exist and don't like to cook.

you sure she wasn't joking. I know plenty of people who try to bring humor into a discussion and fail miserably.

No, there's no way she was joking.

Now with the way she said it, then went into detail about everything.

eh, learn her route to work, then one morning, be driving the opposite way she would be (in your or a rental car) and when you see her car coming your way, start to swerve into her lane.

later, when you get to work and shes bitching about the crazy driver that almost ran her off the road just look at her and calmly explain:
"it was most likely somebody who likes to swerve into the oncoming lane to scare other drivers, it was probably me."
then walk away.

i would.
actually, i would probably find a biker gang, and discuss her hobby with them. then give them the info to find her. let them handle it how they see fit, by the time they are through, she'll probably be far too scared to even go near a bike.
period.

you should report her and say that she admitted to purposefully running you off the road on your motorcycle.

eh, learn her route to work, then one morning, be driving the opposite way she would be (in your or a rental car) and when you see her car coming your way, start to swerve into her lane.

later, when you get to work and shes bitching about the crazy driver that almost ran her off the road just look at her and calmly explain:
"it was most likely somebody who likes to swerve into the oncoming lane to scare other drivers, it was probably me."
then walk away.

I like that option. I'd do it on my bike though, then when she does hit me, the witness to her previous comment in the kitchen would be able to testify in court.

Dude you got trolled hard.

The only way to get her back is to find the one thing she holds most dear and completely shit all over it in your next conversation. If she's a christian, drop a few gay jesus jokes. If she's overweight, tell her a graphic story about a huge fat fucking whale of a bitch, and then casually liken her to the stories subject at the conclusion. You MUST find something sacred to her and desecrate it, or you will have lost.

Dude you got trolled hard.

The only way to get her back is to find the one thing she holds most dear and completely shit all over it in your next conversation. If she's a christian, drop a few gay jesus jokes. If she's overweight, tell her a graphic story about a huge fat fucking whale of a bitch, and then casually liken her to the stories subject at the conclusion. You MUST find something sacred to her and desecrate it, or you will have lost.

I like this idea. Find a way to get her as offended as she got you.

Remember one thing buddy, your a guy she is a chick. If you came back at her she can royally fuck up your career. All it takes is an acusation of a tit grap or a sexually suggestive comment and she can run you through the ringer. Now, I understand that you have been with your dept. for quit some time but its still a road that no one wants to go down.

Back