How do you get brine out of your skin???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

But how do you manage to throw away waste meat with boots on your hands?

wait, you mean there's waste meat that DOESN'T go into a slim jim?

Any luck?
So far alcohol is working the best; but it's taking time. I haven't soaked it in anything but I'm about to buy a couple bags of lemons and cans of tomato juice from Wal Mart in a bit.

There's "rework meat" and "waste meat". I honestly do not know the difference. What I've heard though, is they sell that meat to dog food companies(there's a Purina plant about 15-20mins away) but as far as I know it's just a rumor. About 80% of the meat that comes in, does not make it to final product. On a regular day, we(as in my work area) throw away about 4500lbs of meat.

E SolSi said:
3 words for ya:
Mechanically Separated Chicken
9-hp-Gas-Wood-Chipper-Shredder-Pro-Series-Model-csv-3090h-large.jpg

About 80% of the meat that comes in, does not make it to final product. On a regular day, we(as in my work area) throw away about 4500lbs of meat.

That's actually reassuring to me as a Slim Jim eater. :)

The only thing that concerns me is that their employees may not have the dexterity to separate the meat properly, what with them wearing boots on their hands.

3 words for ya:
Mechanically Separated Chicken

I always envision an huge ACME Industries machine with a bunch of robotic hands with live chickens being fed in on a conveyor belt, and cans of chicken going out the other side.

I always envision an huge ACME Industries machine with a bunch of robotic hands with live chickens being fed in on a conveyor belt, and cans of chicken going out the other side.

With this music playing!

YouTube - Music You Didn't Know You Know part 2

EDIT: go to 43 seconds to get to the music I mean!

(Hey B! The site's youtube embedding doesn't pay attention to time links ie: a link to a specific time in a video:
hxxp://www.yoooutube.com/watch?v=PncmdT3txSE#t=0m43s <-- looks like that without the changes to avoid the linker

Last edited:
With this music playing!

YouTube - Music You Didn't Know You Know part 2

EDIT: go to 43 seconds to get to the music I mean!

(Hey B! The site's youtube embedding doesn't pay attention to time links ie: a link to a specific time in a video:
hxxp://www.yoooutube.com/watch?v=PncmdT3txSE#t=0m43s <-- looks like that without the changes to avoid the linker

That is what I call a good response reply. Man I miss those moments of those Cartoons. lol

Back