How do you get started with SCCA?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i didn't... i said i'm due for an upgrade. i'm not even sure is 2000 is still allowed.

2000 is still allowed in all HPDE and Time Trials in my area.

The GForce helmets are not HANS ready, they are just re-enforced to allow you to mount HANS anchors. The HANS ready helmets now have SAH2010 designation.

This will be my replacement helmet.
G-Force Pro Eliminator SA2010 Helmet - SafeRacer

You are taking the right steps so far.

Unfortunetly unless you have the budget to really travel Honda Challenege is very small in our area of GA for you and FL for myself.

With your motor swap it would put you into SCCA club racing Super Touring Light if you have stock cams and compression at 11.0:1

This was the class I decided to compete in for the 2012 season at which time they will be allowing 4 piston calipers and 290mm rotors which is nice.

If you need equipment look around and get prices then checkout apexperformance.net and use coupon darksidede for 10% off almost everything.

I just picked up my SA2010 HJC ar10 II for under $300 shipped not including the visor I got.

I wish Honda Challenge was bigger here like it is out west and up north to a point, not really sure why the SCCA crowd dominates.

Leave the motor stock for now that way you could do HC if you wanted but I would say the first step is getting the track and getting comfortable with some HPDEs. I have a few hundred laps at Sebring and Roebling now each and I still have a long way to go to actually be fast.

Well, NASA has a pretty good HPDE program you can use to get seat time.

The NASA event I watched at Sebring a couple weeks ago seemed to be very well run. I joined so I will be hitting some of their HPDEs at some point and its an option if I decide to just do TT which I really havent even looked into.

TT is fun, better than just turning laps for the fuck of it in HPDE. Now there is some sort of competition involved. :p You already have the transponder, just start classing your car. You'll probably want to email the director to get a new base classing based on your swap. That way you don't need to add power-train points, makes it a little easier.

I dont want to hijack his thread so I will post in mine about it.

Back