How do you know when your motor mounts are going out?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vg_Ace

So a guy at Schwabb and another guy at an exhaust shop I went to today both said that my motor mounts might be going out because of the noise it is making when I accelerate slightly from a dead stop. My question is how do you know when the motor mounts are going out? And how difficult are they to replace?

Mounts are easy to replace, but can be a pain in the ass sometimes. As far as knowing when they are going, you should actually feel it. Drive it about 50mph in fifth gear or so and completely let off the throttle, than quickly punch the throttle and you should feel the engine shudder. This can also be caused by a bad trans mount as well. Just look at the mounts and inserts and look for cracks or bent/broken bolts or dry rotting on the rubber parts.

well i don't want to replace all of them if I don't need to, but theres a great deal on Ebay, but I just had a bad experience with an exhaust off of ebay not completely fitting but crx, I had to go to an exhaust shop today and pay them 200 more to fix it. I alread paid 270 for the header and cat back exhaust. Anyways on ebay there is a whole set of motor mounts for 150, but I know that if I go to Honda they will want way more. Idk I will drive it and see if I can notice that problem.

Back