How do you like this Nissan.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yea, youre right he was off topic. along with half the people on this post. My bad

Accord with S2000 power train = fial. An accord would need a built, turboed 3.5L V6, even with that done, the car would still handle like shit and unless the car was built from the ground up replacing everything that once was honda.... it will never be anything great.

As to the NSX..... sure they could have done x many things to put it in supercar class, but they.... DIDNT. It will never be anywhere near the ranks of a legit supercar unless you're able to tag one of their track built cars. I saw the last year NSX sitting in an Acura show room and the sticker was something like 130K Im sorry but 911TT > > > > > > > > > > > NSX.

^^ What he said ^^ except replace the TT with a ZR1:ph34r:

What's so great about them is that their cost of ownership is so low compared to anything in its class. It uses a regular ph3593A fram oil filter and has parts interchangable with the accord. There's 5 or 6 people at work that own one. One of the guys has a locker close to mine, and he has over 170k miles on his 91.

In regards to the R34, I'm not exactly sure how you call a car that stands with out out preforms the new Porsche 911 for $30,000 less "over rated"

but this thread has just turned into supercar fapping soooooooooo

koenigsegg_ccxr_special_edition-01.jpg

I drove a new GTR today, it is not overrated.

Sounds fucking sweet, handles like a beast... and I actually hurt my bck a lil bit under hard acceleration... not used to shit like that lol

I drove a new GTR today, it is not overrated.

Sounds fucking sweet, handles like a beast... and I actually hurt my bck a lil bit under hard acceleration... not used to shit like that lol

It handles like a beast because a computer tells it to. And thats why as a "supercar" it is overrated. It gets its numbers through a computer taking the driver out of the equation. Not to say anyone can drive it but still. I like to have the gratification that I beat the other car not the computer controlling it. Yea thats cool that you can beat a Porche with a car that has half the price tag but so can a modded up Honda. Does that make it any more or less of a car?Theres no denying it accelerates like crazy but throw damn near 500 hp at most awd cars and they will as well. It is and always will be IMO overrated. That coupled with all its problems and Ill say no thanks.

It handles like a beast because a computer tells it to. And thats why as a "supercar" it is overrated. It gets its numbers through a computer taking the driver out of the equation. Not to say anyone can drive it but still. I like to have the gratification that I beat the other car not the computer controlling it. Yea thats cool that you can beat a Porche with a car that has half the price tag but so can a modded up Honda. Does that make it any more or less of a car?Theres no denying it accelerates like crazy but throw damn near 500 hp at most awd cars and they will as well. It is and always will be IMO overrated. That coupled with all its problems and Ill say no thanks.

Thank you 21 year old kid who's never driven it. I'm sure you have much more experience to draw on then someone who's only merely driven one. :rolleyes:

First off the GTR is NOT a supercar, it's in the same class as the Viper and Vette, both of those cars. Of all the GTR overs I've talked to (mostly online, but a few in person) they love it, however 1 of them said AWD is just not his cup of tea since half the fun is getting sideways, he sold his GTR and moved to one of the speical edition Vipers.

Bottom line, a car with as much weight as the GTR, the fact that it can run lap times as fast as it can.... who cares. What problems are you talking about? I've only seen the launch control issues, any 500HP AWD car doing one launch after another after another is bound to break. Nissan F-ed up by offering a cool feature that clearly gets used A LOT. Other high end car makers have the same warrenty as the GTR, only problem is the GTR is made by nissan and there's hundreds of thousands of GTR fans that will never come close to owning one that jumping on the bash nissan/warranty band wagon. People who buy cars like a 911 that do track it break shit, and guess what? they pay to have it fixed.

The only modded honda that could TOUCH a stock GTR would be a very highly modded S2000 or NSX. a stock chassis honda civic/accord/teg even with 1000WHP will never beat a GTR outside of a very small auto cross course or straight line drag racing with full blown slicks.

I like the GTR but doubt I'd ever own one, I'd rather have a 911. I have a pretty highly modded 350Z that should be making right around 500hp at the flywheel, the car handles like a go cart, I know with ZERO doubt that my car would lose in every type of race to the GTR. Yes my Nissan would have better feed back and IMO is a bit more fun since half the fun is getting sideways, but track wise, it just can't compare.

The only modded honda that could TOUCH a stock GTR would be a very highly modded S2000 or NSX. a stock chassis honda civic/accord/teg even with 1000WHP will never beat a GTR outside of a very small auto cross course or straight line drag racing with full blown slicks.

Even with overnight parts from Japan? :ph34r:

Back