How do you remove the TSL on a 92 Accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Turbo&Auto

Nick Go FAST!!
Like the title says, I want to remove the Top Speed Limiter on my Accord. The damn thing tops out at 111. I'd like to go a bit faster then that! Anyone know how to remove it?

carefully open your ecu with a philips head screwdriver...
you can manually remove your top speed limiter and rev limiter by using a jewelers screwdriver to pop the chip out. it's a little black chip with white writing on it. it says something like "tsl/rl". just be careful and take your time. it's pretty easy. i did it on my civic si.

Awesome! Thanks alot!

I build ciruit boards for a living(among other things). So I realize the risk of ESD shock and all.

Where the hell can you possibly do more than 111 safely? Stop putting yourself and others in danger. (if you are planning to do this on a track i take that back)

^ :rofl: Please, like you never ever speed!

The info about removing the chip was wrong! There's no such thing on that ECU's circuit board. Instead I hooked up a toggle switch to the vss. This way when I get to 105 or so, I can toggle the speed signal off and it won't hit the limiter.

I'm not trying to weave through cars and stuff at that speed. I have a lil sense of responsibility,

Here's a vid of where we go out and have fun driving. It's nice and wide open and there isn't many cars on this road ever.

Pocono Mtn Fun
Large vid file, please right click and save.

Damn its hard to find places like that here in New York. At least around the five boroughs it is.

I realize that, I've been to the city a bunch of times. That's why I posted the vid to clear things up a lil. Where I'm at, there's a ton of roads that look like that, hence the 100+ MPH. :)

Come on out, I'll show you some cool roads man.

Back