How do you remove tint

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RookieBoyCRXSI

i bought my car with tint that was really poory installed, how do i get the adhesive off the rear quarter windows, and the tint off of my rear window without wrecking my winter heating ribs. If possible can i save my rear hatch tint decal that says 'crx si'. If not, no biggie, the stock sticker is in between the tint and the window. Thanx for the help.

just use a hair dryer and it will peel right off. maybe a heat gun if you don't have a hair dryer. you can save the sticker if you are careful. just take your time. then use a cleaning aget to get the rest of the residue off.

ok i did this myself a while back...what i did since i had no heat gun etc. i took a razor and peeled up some of the tint and peeled the film off. for the glue left behind i used rubbing alcohol and the razor. as for the rear window...i wouldn't mess with takin it off urself...if u do it wrong you can peel the defogger lines off the window and fuk it up. i had my rear window done by my tint shop

jdmgsrteg said:
ok i did this myself a while back...what i did since i had no heat gun etc. i took a razor and peeled up some of the tint and peeled the film off. for the glue left behind i used rubbing alcohol and the razor. as for the rear window...i wouldn't mess with takin it off urself...if u do it wrong you can peel the defogger lines off the window and fuk it up. i had my rear window done by my tint shop

if you use a hair dryer, you will have a lot less residue. guaranteed. using a razor also makes your hands sore because it takes forever. and it comes off in small pieces. you might be able to get it all off at once with a hair dryer.

amonia and a black trash bag

cut trash bag to size of window

put inside car

spray straight amonia on the window tint on the inside (dont breath)

put trash bag that you cut to fit on window set in sun

repeat till tint just falls off

make sure its hot out side this works great and will get 99 % of the glue and tint off

if any glue is left use 3m brand adhesave and clean up (s/p)

Back