How do you save money?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If there was a way for me to watch the Yankees without Cable I would think about cutting Cable. My bill is $165/m(previously $205) for Cable/Inet and I don't get shit for channels. No HBO or shit like that. But,Netflix sucks....everything is old and they don't get new releases quick enough. I've had it three months and I'm already bored of it. Pretty much watched any good movie it had. Same with Amazon Prime as they basically have the same shit.

Things I watch are on:

History Channel
Discovery
YES Network
NESN
ESPN
FOX
TBS
FOX News
FOX Sports

My Wife watches stuff on
NBC
ABC
CBS
HGTV
Some Food shows on some network

I dumped DirecTv after many years.

History, Discovery, TLC, and Sports are hard to do without Cable/Satellite/Antenna
My son is a huge sports fan, so we went with Comcast limited basic cable. This brought back live sports, and also many of the Discovery channel shows I liked. On Demand has many good shows to watch from cable. TLC is still not available unless you pay much more.

My internet is 20mb/s down and 10 mb/s up. 60/mo for limited basic plus Internet.

Hulu Plus is like my whole home DVR. I watch shows the day after they air, when I want. Hulu Plus is better than Netflix for current shows. I have three streaming Roku devices, and plan on getting a fourth. I like having a remote.

we save money by:
bought a dirt cheap house
sold the car that was owed on and bought another for the cash left over from payoff.
dont own a tv
therefore do not need cable.
only have internet
breastfeeding
dont go out to eat very often
if there is something I want but cannot afford, i either find a way to make it myself or wait however long it takes for the item to go on sale.

we save money by:
bought a dirt cheap house
sold the car that was owed on and bought another for the cash left over from payoff.
dont own a tv
therefore do not need cable.
only have internet
breastfeeding
dont go out to eat very often
if there is something I want but cannot afford, i either find a way to make it myself or wait however long it takes for the item to go on sale.

I tried breastfeeding to save money, but my wife kept slapping me. :dunno:

yeah, gotta catch her when shes exhausted. then she'll forget that she only has one kid, but to her it always "seems like im feeding two..."
if caught, just say "i was giving the baby a kiss, what did you think i was doing?"

Reactions: tab
Back