How do you secure your car?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Most insurers will insure aftermarket add ons, just tell them about it, the values, etc. Also, take lots of pics every time you add something, save reciepts.

Eh they are similar but chads simply put up a fight with everything we tried to do.

Im guessing that is because Mirage's have far more aftermarket support in AUS than here? Its opposite for Civics.. most of the aftermarket support is here..

Prolly explains why chad never got into his mirage.. didnt feel like paying to have everything shipped internationally

yeah im just weird honestly :) just ask everyone in the NE area that knows me.

Weird is good though, at least you're unique. Everyone has a modified Civic. You rarely see a modified Mirage.

If someone steals my car, I actually win. I paid much less than the value of it. That, and full coverage owns you.

Hell, I don't even bother locking my car anymore. Everyone just assumes that they can't steal it, because of all of the anti-theft stuff in vehicles in Europe. Nobody steals radios anymore here either. They go for stuff left on the seat, or a navigation system on the dash. Anything integrated, forget about it working outside of that car.

They don't bother trying to move the car either. No point in stripping something that nothing will work out of. Ever tried to get a VW to start without a key? Speaking of keys, a lot of the cars here don't even have keys anymore.... I know that the only thing I use my key for is my trunk, and the ignition. RFID for everything else.

There is no real way to secure your car. It all boils down to how determined the thief is, and what resources he or they have available in order to steal your car. I have seen thieves. go as far as getting tow trucks.

There is no real way to secure your car. It all boils down to how determined the thief is, and what resources he or they have available in order to steal your car. I have seen thieves. go as far as getting tow trucks.

yup tow trucks :mad:. It's a sad sad world

I just park in my garage at night. I hear about peoples cars being stolen almost everyday where I live, and 99% of the time they had it parked outside there garage cuzz they're too lazy to clean it out and park their car in there....

I have a friend who has a "factory looking" sticker on his civic that reads: "This vehicle is equiped with a global positioning system", on both windows and on the rear hatch, and his car has never been stolen. He lives in an apartment with no garages or even car ports.

Yeah man thats always a good thing tho..

Weird is good though, at least you're unique. Everyone has a modified Civic. You rarely see a modified Mirage.
Well said..

Not only do u rarely see a modified mirage, but a well-done mirage? PFFT.. seemingly non existent. TurboMirage's is one of the few ive seen.

I have a friend who has a "factory looking" sticker on his civic that reads: "This vehicle is equiped with a global positioning system", on both windows and on the rear hatch, and his car has never been stolen. He lives in an apartment with no garages or even car ports.

Yeah, I got to get one of those stickers

I'm runnin a Clifford alarm system with a remote starter and killswitch...Seems to be workin out ok....knock on wood....

i know this is off topic but where can you find a JDM B16 engine badge?? someone else on here vaguely described it to me what shes lookin for i think she wants that im no sure really, maybe someone with more knowledge about jdm stuff can help her out

right now my car is secure by the fact that it doesnt run! :lol:

My car is sitting in my driveway, unlocked with the keys in it theives, come get it. Wait there are 10 people in my town and I know them all. I love not having to worry about it getting stolen.

Last edited:
Back