how do you tell what tranny is what?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i just got a b18b engine and it came with a seprate tranny. the guy i got it from didnt know anything about the tranny like if it was a ls,b16,gsr ect. all i know is it is a cable. how would i find out the difference or what it is?

put it in the car and do 80 mph in 5th gear and tell me what rpm it sits at.. i can tell you then.. or you can look for bar codes or stamps on the casing

is there any bar code stickers.. or a vin plate on the front side of the tranny

no vin plate but were the starter goes it has a 4 then pL3??? that help at all? if now i got the case split so is there a way i can identify it by the gears?

unfortunately it was honda's biggest mistake putting the tranny number/code on a sticker on the tranny, they almost always fall off.
The oonly way you are going to be able to tell is to put it in a drive it.
I can tell you right now tho, the b18b engine never came mated with a cable tranny, since cable's last year was 93, and the b18b came out either 94 or 96 (I cant remember, it's late), not caying that you can't use it, it's just not what that engine came with.

is there a way i can count the teeth on a grear to c what it is? i got the casing split so i can see inside it

what are you talking bout dude. yes i read what they told me and theres no vin plate and the trans isnt asemled to drive it. thats why i asked bout the gears

Back