1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you use a Dent Puller??

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by Dustin_m, Dec 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dustin_m

    Dustin_m Active Member

    This really doesn't fit in another forum so i posted it here. Well i just bought a dent puller and it comes with basically no fucking instructions, and as simple as it may seem, it makes no sense n how to use it. basically i got a long rod with a handle at the end, and a weight that slides on the rod. i DO know that you hold the handle and slide the weight back to pull the dent. My problem is how to attach it to the dent. It says to drill holes and shit, but it also says to screw it into the hole. Well, the rod is threaded at the end, but also has a cap that threads on the end that holds a sheetmetal screw on the end. The package came with three of these screws.

    If it helps any, this is a Bondo brand puller, and i bought it at Kragen. Like i said i am totally f-ing confused and need a little help.
  2. B16

    B16 Super Moderator

    ya, you drill a hole in the middle of the dent, screw the puller in, slide the handle out and proceed to "pull" the dent, unscrew once its back, fill holes with bondo
  3. Dustin_m

    Dustin_m Active Member

    That was what i thought, but what the hell are the sheet metal screws for??
  4. TurboMirage

    TurboMirage Finally boostin'

    the one i picked up on ebay is the same one i saw on tv but cheaper. you use hot glue to hold the middle to the car, then you tighten the screw and it pulls it up.

    ebay link

    only works on bigger, shallow dents. its useless for my hood dent.
  5. Dustin_m

    Dustin_m Active Member

    Alright i got a pic,


    if you look, it has three screws in the package, then on the opposite end from the handle, there is a little cap that screws on the end. What you do is put the screw through the inside of that cap, then screw it on the end of that rod, but i don't know why the hell you need it?
  6. Dustin_m

    Dustin_m Active Member

    BTW that ding king is useless for me because the dent i have is big, but really shallow. i was gonna buy that but i can't use an extension cord, and the dent is too large
  7. Slo86GT

    Slo86GT Super Moderator

    HOLY SHIT dude! Don't go pulling dents witht aht shit! That's like 1960's bullshit technology!

    Pull the interior panel around the dent and pop it with a mallet or something from the inside... That dent puller will make more of a mess than the original dent, I guarantee it!
  8. Dustin_m

    Dustin_m Active Member

    It's an old ass truck anyways, so i can Bondo it afterwards. Also it is on the bed, so i can't get to it from the inside.
  9. Iron 1

    Iron 1 Senior Member

    <-----used to work at a body shop
    Bondo+holes=bad news! If the holes are big enough the bondo will fall out in the sun. I would never use one of those, do it right and get a stud gun! Instead of putting holes in your outer skins, it welds a stud onto the panel. you then pull on the stud, to fix the dent, when you're finished you grind the stud off. No holes...
  10. driver1

    driver1 Senior Member

    <-----went to school for auto collision repair worked at a body shop and now owns his own, but anyway a far as the ding king goes its useless and will never work the way it says. but as far as what u have goes ya its not as good as a unispotter (studgun that welds studs to the panel) but it will work what you need to do is figure out how to hook the sheet metal screws top the end of the puller then drill an 1/8th inch hole and screw the screwinto the hole and proceed to pull. Dont be suprised if you pull the screw out of the hole its bound to happen but anyway if i may make a suggestion, then may it be to weld the holes after you pull them so you dont see them down the road. Otherwise everything will shrink and you WILL se the holes you drilled.but other than that yes it will work and no you dont have to go buy something else :D
  11. Iron 1

    Iron 1 Senior Member

    Me=noob that doesn't like holes (at all!!!)
  12. jeffsciv23

    jeffsciv23 Senior Member

    i've never used a dent puller for pulling dents but have used one. try using a plunger, a friend of mine had a dent and popped it out with one. worth a shot. :shrug:
  13. brandlane

    brandlane New Member


    I had a few dents once, my fault though! Reversed into a pole.

    Searched Google for dent pullers and eventually found www.carstyleonline.co.uk and bought a car dent puller.

    They've got two different sizes so I chose the smaller £4.99 with free delivery. The suction cup managed to pop out the dent so I'm very happy!

  14. Battle Pope

    Battle Pope New Member

    this thread is SIX YEARS OLD. You are retarded at the internet.
  15. 2000Si

    2000Si Well-Known Member

    Give him a break, he's from the UK.

    Before I noticed the date I was gonna say when'd Slo86GT come back? lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page