How does one remove the lower window trim (or whatever you might call it)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dct5289

GT5 FTW
How do I go about removing the piece of trim just below the window, you know, the one where the paint chips off a lot. I'm trying to get them off so I can repaint them or get some new ones, whatever comes first.

Pic isn't my car, just googled it.

Attachments

• DSC01698.JPG
    DSC01698.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 263
Just chip the rest of the paint off :D. I think it looks better when you got silver or gold color there.

How do I go about removing the piece of trim just below the window, you know, the one where the paint chips off a lot. I'm trying to get them off so I can repaint them or get some new ones, whatever comes first.

Pic isn't my car, just googled it.

that's a good question and i can't remember how or if i did, when i was parting my car out. i'll look when i get home tonight. i know that the rest of the window/door related trim is rediculously easy to remove; i was thinking how the hell did this stay on for 20 yrs?!
:huh:

I have the door panel off already and it looks like just some sort of clips, but not the kind that you just pull out. I don't want to break anything so I decided i would ask you guys first.

bump, anyone know?

I haven't done it yet, but you have to remove the mirror (pop the inner cover off, and 3 screws need to be removed), then you carefully ply back the trim piece and try not to break the clips that hold it on.

Back