1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Does That Plus One Rule Go?

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by doofnoil, May 10, 2003.

1. doofnoil

doofnoil Senior Member

I recently put in some springs and shocks, tie bar and strut bars, I gotta get sway bars sooner or later. Anyway, the ride is confortable and all but when I'm riding down the road and I hit a hump or large bump going about 50-60 the suspension takes the shock, but it feels like my tires are flexing or bouncing. Not really bouncing like a bad strut, just a slow dip and then back up. I'm running H&R sport prings and the stock steelies on my 91 crx. I heard something about a plus one rule or something, could anyone shed some light?

2. sportlinecrx

sportlinecrx Banned

check your tire pressures. try running with 34psi. i have eibach springs, tokico shocks and kyb struts, and 34psi feels best on my crx. when it gets down to 32psi, it feels "soft", seems to magnify bumps on the freeway, and is also not as responsive. i also have a neuspeed strut bar and a rear tie bar.

the plus 1 concept has to do with wheel and tires sizes. bascially, for every inch you go larger on wheel size, you need to go up 10mm in tire width and 10% less in sidewall height to keep the overall tire diameter and load rating close to stock (so it doesnt mess up your speedometer reading).

3. lsvtec

lsvtec GNU/Linux Evangelist

How did you manage that?

4. Baker

Baker Senior Member

I'd assume one set in the front and one in the rear

5. sportlinecrx

sportlinecrx Banned

bought them at different times :p (and it was way before i knew anything about performance)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted