How does the shift linkage fit?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Drake

VIP
I have a 1991 CRX DX im swaping out the auto and all that neat stuff but here is my question. How does the shifter hook up to the transmission? Im putting in a DOHC ZC. here is a link to an exploded view of the shifter

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/j...ry5=SHIFT+LEVER

I dont see a cable that would run from the shifter to the transmission. Where can i buy the shifter linkage. Thank you very much for your help. Have a good night. If i havnt been clear enough let me know.

Jeramy

--By deffinition the shift linkage (SL) consists of the parts 14 & 15 (and the things connecting to them that arn't the shifter).

There is no cable that connects. Note the FR ===> at the top right of the pic. That is the direction of the tranny. Parts 14 & 17 connect directly to the tranny and part 14 pushes/pulls the transmission into/out of gear. It should be kinda obvious...there will be part of an SL haning off the motor you are planning to swap (i doubt they took the time to unbolt it, they usually just cut the SL in half).

yeah there is a cable going into the tranny that is just hanging out. Your exactly right it just looks like they cut it, ill take a look in the morning to see. Thank you very much for your help

Jeramy

Back