How easy are swaps for 90-93 Integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the good people at acura were nice enough to grace the 90-93 tegs with Bseries motors

as such any Bseries motor will be a direct bolt in.

the easiest swap (for 90-91) would be B16 OBD-0 as is was the production motor in the JDM integra XSi. there are some wires that need to be run but definately the most straight forward.

the DA6 integra is a good platform to start with, rear disc brakes and all the refinements of an acura. body lines are much better than that of equal year civics and rexes.

someone correct me if i put these in the wrong order
ease of swap:
1. OBD-0 B16
2. OBD-1 B16
3. OBD-1 B17
4. GSR
5. CTR
6. ITR

and i dont really care about a b20 so its not in my list.

looks pretty good to me, to clarify though, the reason it goes in that order is because of wiring, being different obd and all... so to use the B16 SiR-1 motor is best because it's still obd0.

My car, for example is a 90 (obd0) integra, and i have a 92 XSi swap for it (obd1) so i have some more 'work' to do, the motor will bolt in with no extra work, but the wiring will have to be done differently.

what year is the integra you're looking to work on? if it's a 92-3 then the b17 wouldn't be as hard as it shows on the list.

Nice info everyone.... But you could always get into hybrid motors, such as LSVTEC or CRVTEC. These are easy swaps, just not easy builds. Keep the HEAD the same OBD as the car and it should be fine.

the b16a first gen is a piece of cake to put in your car. im running an ls vtec in mine currently. its a 91. i mean if you want to build something that is a monster and will produce alot of power i would say ls/vtec. but if you want a simple swap the b16a is it. good luck man

i have a 90 teg so my list was a little biased to OBD-0

but in sure you already knew that.

i have a 90 integra too, so i can see how that happened. ;) just throwing it out there, so no one gets confused...

believe it or not, some people actually DON'T know there are differences between the 90-1, and 92-3 integras. lol

i didnt ultill i got mine.

im also glad i dont have to deal with OBD :D

DA integras RULE :nutkick: (i just did it for the devil horns)

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Dec 6 2003, 08:44 AM
I like 92-93 DA's because you don't have to convert to run Hondata. OBD I ownz j00!

:concur:

I am swapping to OBD-1 before LSVTEC goes in.

I don't think any B-series into an 2nd gen is hard. Just don't convert to a higher OBD, swap all the OBDO stuff. Only the GSR would you have to worry about the intake manifold being a little different.

Back