How far fetched does this sound?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
Early bubble style Geo Metro 5 speed. 18xx lbs stock weight.

Pull the 1.0 3 cyl and transmission...

Custom built engine and transmission mounts. Custom gauge work.

Drop in a GSR or ITR engine and 4.4 FD 5 sp transmission.

Then with the money you're saving on insurance, do the usual engine bolt ons; I/H/E, S2 cams, S2 shifter, clutch, flywheel, etc. Running on 4 lug 16" rims with some Azenis or AVS ES100s.

1800-1900 lb Geo Metro in the low 13s? Possibly high 12s?

I had this idea while I was at work today talking about gas prices, which seems to be the norm nowadays. A 13 second Geo metro making 25-30 mpg with the absolute best sleeper swap ever.

I wish I had money. I'd try it.

What's the insurance difference ? I pay $310 a year for my Civic, full coverage :)

The Geo Metro is the same thing as a 4th gen Civ. Why bite the hand that feeds you ?

If I were to make something different, but still an efficient hatch, I would take the Sprint Turbo or Suzuki Esteem turbo and either work what's in there, or drop in a 4AGZE.

Originally posted by Celerity@Sep 1 2005, 08:56 PM
What's the insurance difference ? I pay $310 a year for my Civic, full coverage :)

The Geo Metro is the same thing as a 4th gen Civ. Why bite the hand that feeds you ?

If I were to make something different, but still an efficient hatch, I would take the Sprint Turbo or Suzuki Esteem turbo and either work what's in there, or drop in a 4AGZE.
[post=548520]Quoted post[/post]​

wow what insurance do you go through lol lucky old basterd :p I still am waiting for someone to put a big fucking 350 into a small compact chevy...I saw a cavalier with one at truck bash that thing looked mean...o ya it was RWD too lol

That's YOUR insurance, not mine.... But I guess since you pay low rates, everyone else does too, huh?

I paid 60 bucks for full coverage on my Metro when I was 16-17. I pay 121 for full coverage on my Civic and I'm 23 now.

The Metro, besides rims will appear stock, and it already undercuts the curb weight of damn near every Civic/CRX out there.

A sprint and Suzuki are damn near the same as a Geo Metro anyway, but my idea is to use a highly dependable NA bolt on Honda engine within the confines.

What the hell would you think if you raced a Metro and suddenly you hear VTEC?

:blink:

We have a guy around where I live with a Festiva with the turbo 323 motor..... fwd I think the thing has been a best of 12.3 on his normal daily street tires...

The festiva with a b6t or a bpt...coulda shoulda woulda. I should have never let my brother donate his efi model. Oh well.

Originally posted by 2000Si@Sep 1 2005, 09:17 PM
That's YOUR insurance, not mine.... But I guess since you pay low rates, everyone else does too, huh?

I paid 60 bucks for full coverage on my Metro when I was 16-17. I pay 121 for full coverage on my Civic and I'm 23 now.

The Metro, besides rims will appear stock, and it already undercuts the curb weight of damn near every Civic/CRX out there.

A sprint and Suzuki are damn near the same as a Geo Metro anyway, but my idea is to use a highly dependable NA bolt on Honda engine within the confines.

What the hell would you think if you raced a Metro and suddenly you hear VTEC?

:blink:
[post=548531]Quoted post[/post]​

Give a nod and then lead your crazy ass onto some twisties. Fact of the matter is a GSR CRX might weigh a little more, but it will far outperform the Metro platform just about everywhere except the drag strip.

Just get a cx hatcback from 92 or 93. Close to the same weight as the metro and no "custom" anything involved.

Originally posted by CiViC_SOHC+Sep 1 2005, 09:15 PM-->
@Sep 1 2005, 08:56 PM

[post=548520]Quoted post[/post]​

wow what insurance do you go through lol lucky old basterd :p I still am waiting for someone to put a big fucking 350 into a small compact chevy...I saw a cavalier with one at truck bash that thing looked mean...o ya it was RWD too lol
[post=548529]Quoted post[/post]​

you mean this Cavalier?? :

ITB2005139.jpg

ITB2005084.jpg

that sumbitch was NASTY sounding!!

Originally posted by 2000Si@Sep 1 2005, 06:47 PM
Early bubble style Geo Metro 5 speed. 18xx lbs stock weight.

Pull the 1.0 3 cyl and transmission...

I had this idea while I was at work today talking about gas prices, which seems to be the norm nowadays. A 13 second Geo metro making 25-30 mpg with the absolute best sleeper swap ever.

I wish I had money. I'd try it.
[post=548460]Quoted post[/post]​

uh, if you are looking for fuel efficient wouldn't you just leave the stock motor in there, that's what it's made for. oh yeah, metro's are :ghey: ..... even if they do run 12's.

:withstupid: I think the whole concept of a sleeper is over-rated. Even if a metro blows my doors off at a light, I'm still gunna laugh at you for having one small testicle and searching the asses of men all over trying to find the other one.

Metro = Me laughing so hard I wont even bother to look up at your time

a win is a win.....in a metro or not......however i peronaly would not drive one

yeah i think if i had the money to do what you said id just rebuild the 3cyl turbo suzuki motor and boost the shit out of it. yeha its a metro but id have more "respect" for that guy that does that then the guy that puts the gsr in it. kinda like the guys that throw small blocks in everything. its become too easy

The factory curb weight of a CRX hf is only 1700 or 1800 pounds, it would be comparable to the metro and alot easier to do the swap

It i had a geo metro i would RWD V8 it. have no drive shaft just connect the tranny to the rear end.

I love how the pulley for that Cav sits on the radiator support... I think that shows exactly how big it's owners ballsack is.

-> Steve

Originally posted by jimboburgess@Sep 2 2005, 03:10 PM
The factory curb weight of a CRX hf is only 1700 or 1800 pounds, it would be comparable to the metro and alot easier to do the swap

It i had a geo metro i would RWD V8 it. have no drive shaft just connect the tranny to the rear end.
[post=548883]Quoted post[/post]​

I've searched for CRX HFs... they are basically impossible to find in decent shape around this part. Where as Geo Metros are fucking EVERYWHERE, and in damn good shape even.

I knew a guy with a Festiva with a 1.8L GTX (BPT) engine in it too, ran 12s.. would light the tires up in the first three gears. But since I can't keep my 1.8L BPZE as I'm moving into my brothers, that engine is going to the junk yard unless someone here wants it.

My point here is that I didn't ask you guys if you thought it was gay or not, I asked if it would be even remotely feasible to do in the first place. Thanks for giving me inane attitude that nobody really gave a shit about. ;)

with enough work and/or money, just about anything can be done. I think that cavalier is a testament to that.

If I had a Metro, I'd sell it and buy some brake pads. I get the whole wanting to do something different, but I am also a practical person, and while interesting, it just wouldn't get the benefits per blood and sweat pound an EF swap would.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Sep 2 2005, 11:15 PM
If I had a Metro, I'd sell it and buy some brake pads. I get the whole wanting to do something different, but I am also a practical person, and while interesting, it just wouldn't get the benefits per blood and sweat pound an EF swap would.
[post=549068]Quoted post[/post]​

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: ...and buy some brake pads :lol:

Back