How Fast Is 2fast?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

HAHAHHA :lol: :lol: I just read the new Sports Compact for this month's issue and something really grabbed my attention, 2Fast 2Furious Cars Tested!! The times that were published were ridiculous for the 1320ft.. So here it goes: 99' Skyline GTR Vspec R34 - 14.1, 9x' Honda NSX - 14.3, 03' Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 8 - 15.2, 02' Honda S2000 - 13.8, 9x' Toyota Supra Twin Turbo - 14.1, and finally 69' Chevy Camaro SS - 13.x
Most of the cars ran a full second slower than their stock form! Still 2Fast 2Furious??
: Note : memory is little cloudy, feel free to correct anything.

Sorry, I can't reallt tell you. I dont' follow that bullshit that is played out for hollywood. I run my ride and that is all I give two fucks about. That movie is fucking gay gay gay :ghey:

Milan

slower than stock? s2k runs 14.2 i think stock.. 13/8 is FASTER.. EVO runs mid 13's, 15.2 i s slower and a 69 SS camaro probably ran 15's stock.

The way your worded that, you said "all cars ran almost a full second than stock form" meaning they ran faster stock. Re-word that.

if i see one more post about this im going to puke.

4th time in 3 days??? maybe 5 now

one thing everyone needs t o understand is, these cars were built for a MOVIE SHOOT. that means, they probably bolted on a bunch of good looking engine mods and didnt bother to dyno tune them...because they dont need to! :bash: the engines just need to look good to the camera. i bet the NOS bottles arent even hooked up.

another point is..these cars have to be safe and easy for the actors to drive. ive seen behind-the-scene footage of the making of this movie and the actors actually DO drive these cars...and they are taught how to do 180's in them and drift them and stuff! it wouldn't be easy teaching them in 13 second cars now would it.

im not sure on the s2k because ive heard mid 13s to low 14s in stock form.. and i think the camaro ss had like a built 427 or something, forgot.. anyway, i wouldve suspected faster times with a 7.x litre motor... and rephrasing "most of the vechiles ran slower than stock time.".. 1) i dont think they had any parts except maybe the usual intake and exhaust.. so dyno tuning an intake is a waste of money..and they used NX not NOS this time :sleep: .. 2) i saw the behind the sceen too and one of the girl driver didnt even have a license.. so thats incredibly stupid to teach her to drive the "fastest" car out of the group.. ;) they just cheaped out and didnt hire stunts because by the look of it.. half of the driving sceens are CGed anyway.. anyway, i thought id share how hollywood corrupts, misinforms, etc etc...
: Note : making a promise to never EVER post a reply or new thread about this topic again.. :p

the SS had a 350 in it. The Yenko's had 427's i do believe and i think some others had bigblocks, but it was all in dealer options.

Its prolly easier to drift in RWD but AWD would be funner and you could do a looooooot more kick ass looking drifts. The cars are prolly real, like the skyline was in an issue of Sport Compact like last year.... remember the one with all the nitrous... anyways.... :gives: its a movie

Originally posted by IDMaxGuy@Jun 2 2003, 04:05 PM
:gives: its a movie

:withstupid:

theres too many of this guy in the world ----->
movie.jpg

ITS JUST A MOVIE!!!!!

it is just a movie but it's different when you actually know the subject matter. IE I'm in the AF, so AF movies seem stupid to me. It's like they didn't even take time to research. A good example would be the AF F-18s in "The Rock" errr, that's a Navy plane

hhahahahahaha

BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHA

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

shit, better get in line

just cuz you think you can box, doesn't mean you can step into the ring with Ali

Just because you drive an import doesn't make you fast and furious

Originally posted by Prowler@Jun 2 2003, 11:57 PM
Just because you drive an import doesn't make you fast and furious

sure it does, we all know imports have like 200 hp and weigh 1000 lbs, right?

Back