How fast is a Skyline?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sergey P.A.

ok how fast are the Skylines any ways because every body want's one,

I allways thought that a Skyline is basicly a AWD Supra,

and the Reason I like them are the looks, especially the new R34,

....ok ok, so how fast are they any ways because a stock Supra a TT has something around 320 horses and a stock Nissan Skyline has like 290 and everybody says that a Supra is hella slower then a Skyline,

.....if you know tell me about it.....

also what is the Skylines quarter mile and top speed,

and Supras if you don't mind.....

:spin:

Actually Skylines hve 276 hp. That has basically been the "gentlemens agreement" in japan for their supercars. The torque is where it matters, if I'm not mistaken the Supras have 331 ft lbs torque. But I'm going off of what GT3 offers so Don't quote me. :p

ok so you saying that a Supra has more power but is slower... :unsure:

I am confused,

I know, and I saw videos how Skylines owned Supras, I even saw a video were a Skyline Killed a R1( it's a Yamaha motocicle)....

how come?

Originally posted by revolution8k@Dec 24 2003, 09:32 PM
Actually Skylines hve 276 hp. That has basically been the "gentlemens agreement" in japan for their supercars.

realistically its more like 320hp(vspec II). it lists 276hp b/c of the agreement, which also didnt state how they should obtain these hp ratings. some people in new zealand and australia had dynoed them.

Originally posted by Sergey P.A.@Dec 24 2003, 08:39 PM
ok so you saying that a Supra has more power but is slower... :unsure:

I am confused,

I know, and I saw videos how Skylines owned Supras, I even saw a video were a Skyline Killed a R1( it's a Yamaha motocicle)....

how come?

AWD ownz j00.

I pledge to the Supra flag anyday..

The R34 (not much new about that) is AWD, which means that at top end, the added traction is also adding MPH (Or KPH).

Something that top-speed bonneville people have known for awhile. There is a point in top speed where traction becomes the limiting factor - even moreso than frontal drag.

But it's still a complex, delicate mechanical system. The Supra is actually a beefy, simple design that will outlive the Skyline by at least double the age. The Supra is a far better car, if not a faster car.

-> Steve

i think the skyline shouldn't just be called awd. its attessa; awd only when you need it, rwd when you dont need awd.

the reason why everyone wants them is not because they are super fast from the factory, about a mid 13 second car, however, the skyline's engine is one of the best in the world. 1000 hp is very comman in this engine. With less then a 1000 in mods (most being next to nothing) the engine can get 400 hp easily. Manual boost controler, straight pipe, and just a few other things make the car come alive. Also, its kinda the everyone wants what they cant have kind of thing. Supras also have a great block to build with, but they are not held at the same level because we can acutally get supras.

sr20>2jz some of the skylines you see probably have t78s and pushin 900 hp

Wrong. The Skyline has an RB26DETT. 2.6L DOHC revving to 8000 rpm. The Supra has way more torque but it's rearend is light. Since the Skyline has AWD it will launch a bit harder than the Supedawg. They both run like 13.3-13.6 in the quarter mile though. SIDENOTE: GT3 makes Supras suck ass. Hondas too.

The R34 (not much new about that) is AWD, which means that at top end, the added traction is also adding MPH (Or KPH).

Not so sure about that. The fastest cars have always been RWD. Not saying your wrong but I haven't seen TOOO many AWD cars bursting over 200 mph other than the Murcielago and modified Skylines.

PERSONALLY... the NSX owns EVERY Jap car EVER made. And it would probably be one of the 5 best on planet earth if it wasn't for the 'gentlemen's agreement.' It would actually give Ferrari a run for their money in every category.

Originally posted by BrahmaBullSQ@Dec 25 2003, 08:32 AM
They both run like 13.3-13.6 in the quarter mile though.

uhhhhhhh how about no scott. you people need to really broaden your knowldge

theres skylines with 4-doors, and no turbos and single cams.

heres the r34 gtr that every "seems" to know about.

there's also special edition models that ran 12 flat from the "factory" on their street 18s

Originally posted by BrahmaBullSQ@Dec 25 2003, 08:32 AM
sr20>2jz some of the skylines you see probably have t78s and pushin 900 hp

Wrong. The Skyline has an RB26DETT. 2.6L DOHC revving to 8000 rpm. The Supra has way more torque but it's rearend is light. Since the Skyline has AWD it will launch a bit harder than the Supedawg. They both run like 13.3-13.6 in the quarter mile though. SIDENOTE: GT3 makes Supras suck ass. Hondas too.

Not so sure about that. The fastest cars have always been RWD. Not saying your wrong but I haven't seen TOOO many AWD cars bursting over 200 mph other than the Murcielago and modified Skylines.

PERSONALLY... the NSX owns EVERY Jap car EVER made. And it would probably be one of the 5 best on planet earth if it wasn't for the 'gentlemen's agreement.' It would actually give Ferrari a run for their money in every category.

GT3 does not make supras suck ass. You can get a Supra to 1000 hp, the only problem I have is keeping it straight. But I always had a problem with the 1110 hp Vipers keeping straight...it can be done though :)

game > reality because I can actually afford the game. :lol:

Originally posted by Airjockie@Dec 25 2003, 11:34 AM
all raise thier hands if they drove a real Skyline before.....

<----- :wave:

nuf said....

:blink: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

:)

Originally posted by BrahmaBullSQ@Dec 25 2003, 09:32 AM

best motoring did a race between; porsche 911 turbo, evo VII rs, 360 modena, a z51 vette, gt-r, and a nsx. the porsche came in first, skyline second, evo VII; all in a loose pack. about 2 seconds behind them came the nsx, about 1 second the 360, and about 3 seconds behind is the vette.

Originally posted by K2e2vin+Dec 25 2003, 02:52 PM-->
BrahmaBullSQ
@Dec 25 2003, 09:32 AM

best motoring did a race between; porsche 911 turbo, evo VII rs, 360 modena, a z51 vette, gt-r, and a nsx. the porsche came in first, skyline second, evo VII; all in a loose pack. about 2 seconds behind them came the nsx, about 1 second the 360, and about 3 seconds behind is the vette.

I like how the EVO VII came in 3rd and has the smallest engine. :)

Who cares about the 360 modena though...last I knew they were too expensive for anyone on this board. Hell, the GTR, Z51 and Porsche are too expensive for anyone either.

Originally posted by BrahmaBullSQ@Dec 25 2003, 09:32 AM

I would also highly disagree with that. True, if the agreement was lifted, then yes, the NSX probally would have more HP, however, the skyline would have even more. Just put a stiff spring in the Skylines waste gate, your pumping 50-100 hp more then what it is now. The block is a beast. Nissan is one of the best engine manufactors in the world.

The NSX has not been a sucess story. They are underpowered from the factory, and when you start to increase the hp,the handling becomes more and more skecty.

Back