How fast

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

accordguy

What the maximum speed I should be able to go in 1st gear, I have no tach so I need a reference. I have a stock JDM H22a.

30-35...ill let you know for sure later....im just over here reading about integration of sql into php (the good stuff), so i wont know for a few more hours.

pretty close to 35...bumper to bumper the whole way home so i really didnt get to test it.

even racing...i shift at 72-7500. thats where the power ends.

Quoted post[/post]]
ninja edit :p

Yeah I was driving my car one hot day rather recently and noticed for the first time my vtec was kicking the way it should be kicking. When my car decides when it wants to run right, I hit 40 in first gear and vtec feels nice. When my car is not running right,m it does not want to go no more than 32-35 in first and vtec feels like poop. I have a major exhaust leak in my header where the down pipe connects to the upper portion. I think this may be causing my vtec to be inconsistent in terms of how it feels. I always feel vtec engage, but sometimes it varies in the feel and how the car moves, this is only in first gear though. In all other gear vtec feels fine.

itll do it...thats why mine feels like shit. exhaust leak = lean 02 reading meaning less power.

Back