How Fast

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Get some traction bars and drag radials, prolly a low 14 second car then......

i was leaving the line about 2800/3000 any more than that and the car wanted to wheelhop badly.

Ya i launch at 2000/2500, but i think after some practices, and gettin use to the car, we might be able to pull some 13's on a good day.

If you can adjust the stiffness, soften the front and make the rear a LOT stiffer. If you can get the worm digger look with height adjustment in the rear, do it! It will prevent the car from transferring weight to the rear, not only do you lose traction but you waste energy in compressing the suspension.

The race is won or lost at the line. Any REAL drag racer will tell you the 1st 60ft is the key. I you cant break a 2.0 60ft mark in a 4 banger you're going to have a hard time running really fast. Just my .02 anyway

I have an LS w/b16 tranny in my EK. I launch at 2k, dump the clutch, floor it so it doesnt bog, then back to 3/4 so it doesnt break em loose... then full for the rest of the run. 14.8 with a 2.0X 60 ft.

Our local track blows. Hasnt been touched in over 15 years maintenence wise.

ya i dump the clutch too, whats better to dump it or let it out slow? i dump it at 2000/2500 rpm. my best 60 ft was 2.4. i also know my reaction times SUCK! just wonderin how do you guys take off at launch?

your car is a 15second car to me till i see a time slip, so go with that becuase i have no clue how you drive untill i see a time slip

If you're getting almost 2.0 60fts thats going to be it pretty much for now. Seems like youre getting off the line alright, time for a lil more power....

your car is a 15second car to me till i see a time slip, so go with that becuase i have no clue how you drive untill i see a time slip

who was this referring too? and i raced a crx and on the time slip he had a 2.4 60 ft and hit 13.3. so how do you feather your clutch?

a gsr in an eg hatch can run high 13's/low 14's, but then again it depends on traction, altitude, air temp. . . blah blah blah and some more correction factors.

launch control is fun stuff, i have it with my s200. . . hehe 4k launch everytime

as for the rsxs those cars are not all they are hyped up to be in stock form. my poor man's itr was able to take them out, and i was only making about 20whp more than a stock gsr.

Back