How good are you with your fruits and vegetables?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm not sold, there is no way a cucumber can be a fruit

this shit is scary

We can decode the human genome, cure cancer, put a man on the moon and we still haven't got this shit nailed down? I'm not touching any of these until further notice...

Q: Is a cucumber a fruit or a vegetable?A: It is technically a fruit. From a botanical perspective, a fruit is the mature ovary of a plant, such as an apple, melon, cucumber, or tomato. From the common, every day "grocery store perspective," we tend to use the word fruit with respect to fruits eaten fresh as desserts - apples, peaches, cherries, etc. - and not to items cooked or used in salads. So, cucumbers tend to be lumped in with vegetables because of the way they are used (cooked and in salads), but botanists will call them fruits because they develop from the reproductive structures of plants. From the Cornell Department of Horticulture.
:ph34r:

Is a cucumber a fruit or a vegetable? It is a fruit because it contains the seeds to reproduce

Cucumber - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

so who got the best score?

I'm not sure. I already gave the prize to Will. he PMed me the answers. :D
I hope he spends that $25.00 on something good!
so you gave the prize that nobody knew about to the only person who pm'd you the answers? LAME!

so you gave the prize that nobody knew about to the only person who pm'd you the answers? LAME!

:D Fine ask will if he'll share. He said something about if someone eats 30 eggs in 30 mins he'd give half his prize money up.

Yes. I'm a produce supervisor. I better damn hope I can name then. Hahaa.

Technically, beans are a legume. But a fruit nonetheless. A lot of people don't believe me when I tell them butternut squash is not a vegetable.

Back