How good is this combo???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeremykedel

I am building a b16a3 with ctr pistons,skunk2 retainers,valves,stage2 cams,intake manifold,spoon head gasket,toda timing belt,dc sports 4to1 header,hi flow cat, invidia exhaust,jdm sir2 tranny, act 11.5 lb flywheel,exedy clutch,70mm throttle body, waiting on the motor to be done for computer tuning , let me know how this should perform I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Jeremy

stick with a 64mm TB, I would personally swap over the bottomend from an R, so you have higher compression, reliablity and also 1.8 liters.

factory belt is fine,

get a better header than DC, such as the oem ITR 4-1, hytech, smsp, toda, etc..

7.5lb flywheel is fine,

Originally posted by JDMilan@Mar 12 2004, 12:37 AM
stick with a 64mm TB

get a better header than DC, such as the oem ITR 4-1, hytech, smsp, toda, etc..

7.5lb flywheel is fine,

werd

i love dc, they dont have the most power gains but they are cheaper than comp.

dont granny shift

If you like power then you don't like dc. You could also get a Power Enterprises timing belt besides the toda one. also for a header: headertech, an-r and dtr. All comparable to smsp and hytech but for less money. For some good reviews on power products go to importreview.com

somewhere online was a TB comparison of the standard ITR TB and an 68/70mm...

the larger TB only produced 1WHP on the top end, other than that they were the same.

as long as you upgrade to either a new oem timing belt or toda/pe, or whatever you should be fine.

Back