how good is your hearing?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I can barely hear 15k... I could hear 17k just a few months ago... Dang I'm getting old.

Either that or my laptop speakers can't reproduce anything higher...

EDIT: Nope, just hooked the laptop up to the surround system and same results. I'm old.

Last edited:
i can only hear up to 15k really well... then 16k kinda, anything higher i heard nothing at all.

normal volume i maxed at 14k both sides
highest volume using dell speaker bar to skull candy ear buds gets me 15k, maybe 16k on the right side, and 16-17k on the left side

I can hear 17kHz cleary, but 18kHz; nothing....but then again my headphones are picking up a lot of RF noise too. Same results using Audio Technica ATH-M50 and Sony MDR-V6 headphones

We did a sound test in class, forgot how high it went but IIRC the teacher couldn't hear from like 10 or 11kHz.

Switched headphones to Koss PortaPros; and I can hear up to 19kHz with those.

14k no problem, 15k, nothing.

running through my studio quality monitors (bx5-a maudio)

Lmao, damn i still hear that shit, passed the 17kHz. My mother-n-law couldnt hear shit!!! hahahah!!!!!!!!!

18 with cheap ass headphones. Ill give it another go when I use my good cans.

i used my phone, computer speakers and some motorola headphones.. couldnt hear shit.. not even at 8 .. i let the woman listen from the phone and she couldnt hear 17

Back