how good is your hearing?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I cant hear shit captain. Maybe it no worky.

i can hear the 16k clearly, maybe barely 17k, then nothing.

edit: i can hear 18k if i put my ear to the speaker, but nothing after that.

Last edited:
i have tinnitus, constant ringing in my ears

Me too since I was like 3, but my tone is way up in the 18-19k range and it's not very loud... sounds like that high pitch whine when a TV is turned on and the capacitors are old.

Kind of funny that my brain can register a fake 19k but my ears can only pick up about 14.5k.

Last edited:
tried this a few different times with a few different speakers / headphones

from home on my laptop
laptop speakers alone - 14k max
laptop with headphones - 15k max
laptop with external speakers - 17k max

on my work pc with headphones
i could faintly hear 19k but couldnt hear 18k

kinda wishing i had some good headphones and something with a decent audio card to test on

I got 17k clearly with my computer speakers. I cant hear any after that, but I can feel the electrical hum when the clip starts.

I heard the electrical hum on everyone of them.. that's it..lol

im not surprised either.. I can barely understand most women/girls. .. but I can hear deep tones from a mile away

its from all the chemo I did.. plus I had a cyst on my eardrum when I was young

Last edited:
I can hear all of them with my in ear monitors at normal volume, but to hear higher than 18k on my monitors, I have to turn them up pretty high.

I got up to 20 hardly heard it but it's there.

19 no problem.

Nice to know since I do have tinnitus as with slight hearing loss in my left ear. Currently I can hear ringing in both my ears but more so in the left then right. Still able to hear up to 20 =)~

I wear ear plugs anytime I'm around loud stuff. I also get my hearing checked every few years.

Oh shit, im a dumb ass. i didnt know you had to double click the icon. 19 cearly, 20 barely there. 21- nope.

I guess standing behind top fuel funny cars during warm up with no plugs was a no no when I was younger. :p

Last edited:
When you lose hearing, it's in X range, so while we might hear these high pitched sounds, its nothing more then a fun test. The real problems are the sounds that land in the normal talking range. If those go to chit, you can hear down low, or all the fun high pitched sounds, yet can't hear chit when someone talks to you.

Always do hearing test from time to time. Not computer website hearing test, go to a legit ENT doctor and get it done correctly.

It could be a real wakeup call for some people who blast music way to high, have loud ass cars, or even do something as simple as ride around with the windows down.

Once it's gone.... It's gone.

Truth ^^

I get yearly hearing tests along with a yearly physical. A true hearing test will give you the absolute best idea of where your hearing is currently lacking, and it can help you wake up and understand that you need to wear hearing protection.

I wear ear pro anytime I do anything marginally loud. I rarely turn my music up and got a decent pair of head phones so I don't have to crank my Zune up.

you guys are making me all worried about my hearing now...

i have had loud stereos in my cars for the last decade straight, and i like my music loud. not to mention all the loud ass un-muffled boat engines im around at work every day.

Back