How hard do you think

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91EXH23

you guys I am about to swap a h22 into my 94 ex 5 speed and was thinkin what about the F22b1 vtec I will have laing around and also have a 91 ex sitting out back in really bad shape but this motor i allready have is good and it should fit this way i can have it running too Think it will be an EZ swap

91 EX 224k 5 speed
sold motor (144k motor)
bad tranny
inside ok
outside needs help bad
good tires brand new
Needs new rack
and sways worse then a school bus

But want it to drive agien think this swap will work??

You don't need motor mounts, its likw swapping a 98 D16 out of a Civic EX into a 92 Civic EX. Only thing you'd have to wire up is the VTEC since they're both the same car just different years and use the same motor mounts

so you guys think i should waste the time or just part out all that stuff and also wont i have to get it to be a ob1 from a ob0 how do i do that

91 and below is OBD 0, if you don't believe me jump off a cliff. 92-95 is OBD 1, 96 and up is OBD 2

Technically, they are obd 0, 90-93. However, they plug in the same as OBD 1. The swap would be pretty standard. Make sure that you use your stock Accessory mounts, and original wiring harness. VTEC would need to be wired, but it's not that hard. It will be a cheap, easy swap. Everything will plug in fine. When in doubt, use your stock stuff.

This isn't worth arguing over again. We all know that 91 and below SHOULD be OBD0, but there's been word otherwise that the ECU and wiring harness on ALL 90-93 Accords are OBD1.

Until anyone provides proof on the matter, quit arguing.

As for the original question....I would say that it really wasn't worth it, unless you just want to do it to sell the car.

Just want to cuz well get this car back on the road and yea sell it some time soon at and Y not really I got all the parts it would be a full stock swap

I've done a few swaps now. If I were you, I'd do it. If you can do an H22, that swap will be a breeze.

Back