how hard is it to take rotors off an 89 civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

WNT2LOSE

i have an 89 civic and do i need an impact gun to take the rotors off to get them cut or what do i need to do?

1. Remove caliper
2. Remove rotor retaining screws (use manual impact screwdriver)
3. Remove rotor

Easy.

what is a manual impact screwdriver? i always got buy by using a big screwdriver and a hammer (pound the screwdriver into the screw to try and break it free a little) but it is still a bitch

http://www.sears.com/sr/product/details/pr...l&bidsite=CRAFT

00947641000-dlv.jpg

It's a manual impact tool... you hit the mandrel with a hammer while applying turning force with your hand, and a wedge inside the mandrel forces the driver to turn like 20 degrees per hit. You get about 200ft/lbs of torque per hit. It's MUCH better than just hammering a screwdriver in... I guess you're one of the ones that hammers it in so far that the screw strips, and I have to end up drilling the bitches out to remove the rotors.

no i dont strip them, never have, but it is a possibility, i will check that out, looks like a good investment, thanks.

Damn, i never knew about that tool, fuck and all this time I always get nuts with those two little ass phillips screws. Good input and pic Calesta.

Milan

thanks man i went out and bought on that takes care of the 1/8" to 1/4" to 1/2" driver adapter with a screwdriver bit in the thing on an air gun breaking your knucle days?
:rolleyes:

Back